Remington 870 wingmaster sticking - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 870 wingmaster sticking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Yeah I forgot to mention that. I will need a new carrier, slide and action arms. Customer will most likely hold off on it for now, money is tight as for all of us. I am still going to contact them and give them my best game plan.

As far as a new bolt, the old one will work fine.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 05-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #12

On a separate note, glad this is not my 870. I hate the feeling when your tools and weapons don't work right, there is something wrong with them. A feeling of insecurity and frustration.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #13

Polished the left shell latch, no luck. Although they needed a cleaning so it wasn't a total loss. Going to try the right shell latch tomorrow and see is there is any luck on that. I have ruled the trigger group and bolt out. It is either the right latch or action bars.

By the way, this model is from 1979!

Wish me luck!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1723 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 9206

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Polished the left shell latch, no luck. Although they needed a cleaning so it wasn't a total loss. Going to try the right shell latch tomorrow and see is there is any luck on that. I have ruled the trigger group and bolt out. It is either the right latch or action bars.

By the way, this model is from 1979!

Wish me luck!
ML, I don't know if it will apply in this case, but I had a similar problem with a pre-1990 Maverick 88. What was causing the hang up was that the single action bar was rubbing against the slot for it in the receiver, which made the top and bottom of said bar rough. I fixed it by smoothing it out with a smithing stone, and the issue was fixed. A quick reblue, and it was good to go.

Probably not the problem, but it may still be worth checking for. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.