Remington 870 remodel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Remington 870 remodel


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RobotPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 51
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

What's the weight on that thing? A good 14 pounds?!
RobotPuncher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post
What's the weight on that thing? A good 14 pounds?!
all the add ons are aluminum so it keeps it lights. Id say 7.5-8 lbs
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RobotPuncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 51
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post

all the add ons are aluminum so it keeps it lights. Id say 7.5-8 lbs
Oh cool! Sweet little scatter gun you assembled, well done man. I've handled some similar looking and they were around 12 pounds lol.
RobotPuncher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post

Oh cool! Sweet little scatter gun you assembled, well done man. I've handled some similar looking and they were around 12 pounds lol.
thanks alot, that's why I went with something a little more expensive, aluminum, instead of that Chinese metal. I can easily maneuver it with one arm. I had to adjust the side saddle because it wouldn't fit with the rail, but the way I did it it won't fall apart and I have shot some heavy magnum loads thru her. The red dot it water/shock proof and has multiple reticles, so I can use it for slugs and buck. Also when I added the extension I flattened the indents instead of drilling to keep dirt out
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 4,846
Liked 3647 Times on 2227 Posts
Likes Given: 20076

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I took a stock 870 I had


Attachment 112079

And completely remodeled it. I polished all the internals and I added a few parts;
Gg&g enhanced follower
Black aces quad rail
Tube extension
Kicklite stock and forend
High end open red dot
5 function light
Mess side saddle
Butt saddle
Folding foregrip
And a generic sling


Attachment 112080



Attachment 112082

I then added my own little touch


Attachment 112083



Attachment 112084


What do yall think
Not my style, but not bad. I did the same internal work on mine a couple years ago, and kept my visible mods limited to a synthetic youth model furniture set (black), a L\H safety conversion, ( wife and I are both in our "right" minds ) and an aluminum 7 round magazine extender. I have added a 4 function light and mount and a slip on shell holder to the stock within the last couple months.

The red trim looks good on yours. Strictly cosmetic, or is it to hide the blood stains after using it as a club?
__________________
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I took a stock 870 I had


Attachment 112079

And completely remodeled it. I polished all the internals and I added a few parts;
Gg&g enhanced follower
Black aces quad rail
Tube extension
Kicklite stock and forend
High end open red dot
5 function light
Mess side saddle
Butt saddle
Folding foregrip
And a generic sling


Attachment 112080



Attachment 112082

I then added my own little touch


Attachment 112083



Attachment 112084


What do yall think
Not really my style, but I kind of like it. You did a great job on it.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,411
Liked 1675 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 726

Default

I like the red racing stripes. That's a nice touch.

I ninja'd my 870, too. It was just a boring Police Magnum, so I "fixed" it.

- Speedfeed IV-S stock
- +2 magazine extension
- GG&G sling plates
- GG&G magazine follower
- GG&G safety
- Trijicon night sights
- TacStar side saddle
- S&J Hardware bayonet lug
- Clark magazine clamp
- SureFire picatinny rail
- SureFire X300
kbd512 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I like the red racing stripes. That's a nice touch.

I ninja'd my 870, too. It was just a boring Police Magnum, so I "fixed" it.

- Speedfeed IV-S stock
- +2 magazine extension
- GG&G sling plates
- GG&G magazine follower
- GG&G safety
- Trijicon night sights
- TacStar side saddle
- S&J Hardware bayonet lug
- Clark magazine clamp
- SureFire picatinny rail
- SureFire X300
I like gg&g they have some really good products. That follower is awesome haven't had a hang up yet.
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 251
Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Default

Just throw some spray paint on her and she's still ready to go. Dressed up are bare bones 870's are beast.
304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 251
Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Default

My spray paint job
304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Trading remington 870 Express for a Remington 700 VTR (223) Tingstad General Rifle Discussion 3 04-26-2013 04:23 PM
mak90 remodel... macon17 AK & SKS Discussion 2 02-28-2012 03:48 AM
1903s: Remington Arms or Remington Typewriter? RufusTFirefly Curio & Relic Discussion 4 10-28-2011 05:49 AM