Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > remington 870 or mossberg 500

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
randy420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 145
Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I grew up with the 870 and I will probably stick with Remington for the rest of my life. I am trying to find a slug gun but can't find any barrels in stores. Gander mountain has a really nice m500 slugger.

__________________
randy420 is offline  
 
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

Thats only because its not a Benelli vs Mossy thread, or you would already jumped in here with both feet....lol just razzin you....
Well see we don't have that thread because everybody already knows there is no comparison Lmao.....you forgot about Winchester too you guys can have all the remingtons and Mossbergs you want lol
__________________
akers06 is offline  
readygirl Likes This 
Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,693
Liked 590 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06

Well see we don't have that thread because everybody already knows there is no comparison Lmao.....you forgot about Winchester too you guys can have all the remingtons and Mossbergs you want lol
You're right! There is a reason why the military doesn't use Benelli pumps lol
__________________
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 410
Liked 192 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Well see we don't have that thread because everybody already knows there is no comparison Lmao.....you forgot about Winchester too you guys can have all the remingtons and Mossbergs you want lol
No, I didn't forget about my sweet Winchester model 97. That gun is set apart altogether.
__________________
GTX63 is offline  
 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post

You're right! There is a reason why the military doesn't use Benelli pumps lol
It don't matter to me what the military or anybody use I like benelli novas Winchester 1300s and Winchester sxps when it comes to pump guns and that's what I'm going to use....I'm not going to argue with anybody about it that's what I like and that's what I shoot
__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post

No, I didn't forget about my sweet Winchester model 97. That gun is set apart altogether.
They are sweet guns I like my Winchesters
__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hq357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 700
Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Default

My reason for wanting to get a moosberg 500 over a remington 870 is because the mossberg has 2 extractors instead of 1 like the 870, when shooting brass shells the brass will expand and will cause the 870 to jam and you will not be able to pump it back 500s have 2 extractors making it more reliable, also mossbergs are currently used by the military and has been passed through military testing so it has been proven to be reliable, 590s are used by the marine corp and navy, 590s are basically all metal 500s with a shorter barrel 18"-20" barrel and holds 9 rounds. the 500s receiver is made out of a strong aluminum alloy making it alot lighter than the 870. There has been a rumor that remington has lost quality over the years as well.

__________________
hq357 is offline  
 
Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
My reason for wanting to get a moosberg 500 over a remington 870 is because the mossberg has 2 extractors instead of 1 like the 870, when shooting brass shells the brass will expand and will cause the 870 to jam and you will not be able to pump it back 500s have 2 extractors making it more reliable, also mossbergs are currently used by the military and has been passed through military testing so it has been proven to be reliable, 590s are used by the marine corp and navy, 590s are basically all metal 500s with a shorter barrel 18"-20" barrel and holds 9 rounds. the 500s receiver is made out of a strong aluminum alloy making it alot lighter than the 870. There has been a rumor that remington has lost quality over the years as well.
Yea...what he said......plus dont forget better safety location, and better lifter position. The older winchesters were fine guns. When we take one in on trade, it somehow ends up in one of the owners safes, and never makes it back out to the sales rack....lol But the 1300s have alot of problems.
__________________

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

readygirl is offline  
 
Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

Yea...what he said......plus dont forget better safety location, and better lifter position. The older winchesters were fine guns. When we take one in on trade, it somehow ends up in one of the owners safes, and never makes it back out to the sales rack....lol But the 1300s have alot of problems.
The only problem any 1300 had its the weeks on the slide an can break which doesnt hurt it at all.......the most solid and dependable pumps guns every made
__________________

Last edited by akers06; 05-14-2013 at 01:16 AM.
akers06 is offline  
 
Old 05-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

Yea...what he said......plus dont forget better safety location, and better lifter position. The older winchesters were fine guns. When we take one in on trade, it somehow ends up in one of the owners safes, and never makes it back out to the sales rack....lol But the 1300s have alot of problems.
If I had to keep them I wouldn't trade my 1300 for 20 870s or 500s
__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mossberg 930 - Remington ? Magnum27 General Shotgun Discussion 20 02-14-2013 02:59 PM
Mossberg and Remington akers06 General Shotgun Discussion 17 12-26-2012 12:38 AM
Mossberg 500 or Remington 870? GlockRenegade General Shotgun Discussion 35 09-17-2012 05:57 PM
Remington 870 vs Mossberg 500 Ruger703 General Shotgun Discussion 29 04-19-2012 04:42 PM
mossberg 500 or Remington 870 glockkid03 General Shotgun Discussion 20 03-02-2012 12:12 PM