Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Remington 870 express (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/remington-870-express-65277/)

jb8815 05-28-2012 04:30 AM

Remington 870 express

I am looking for a buttstock and fore arm grip in the traditional wood grain for a friend. He recently bought a black synthetic stock shot gun and wants a wood grain set up for it. Anyone have a set used you would sell/trade?

Axxe55 05-28-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb8815 (Post 816497)
I am looking for a buttstock and fore arm grip in the traditional wood grain for a friend. He recently bought a black synthetic stock shot gun and wants a wood grain set up for it. Anyone have a set used you would sell/trade?

Josh check out Boyd's Gunstocks. they have laminated and walnut stocks to fit the 870. another place would be GunBroker.com as they might have someone selling some there also, maybe used or takeoffs.

jb8815 05-28-2012 05:28 AM

Thanks for the info. I will check that out for sure. He was mainly looking for a used one so if anyone else has a set let me know. Thanks again for all the help

Axxe55 05-28-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb8815 (Post 816547)
Thanks for the info. I will check that out for sure. He was mainly looking for a used one so if anyone else has a set let me know. Thanks again for all the help

Josh i have a couple of pumps with synthetics on them and kind of want to change them out to laminate or walnut myself. i recommend the Boyd's stocks as i used two of their laminate stocks on two of my rifles and am very pleased with them. another source to check out is Brownell's. good luck with your search.

jb8815 05-28-2012 05:48 AM

Boyds has some very nice walnut stocks. I sent him the link so we will see what he thinks. I may change out mine to a walnut as well.

Axxe55 05-28-2012 06:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jb8815 (Post 816555)
Boyds has some very nice walnut stocks. I sent him the link so we will see what he thinks. I may change out mine to a walnut as well.

nice! i like Boyd's. their prices are decent and the laminate stocks are pretty decent quality. they really dressed up two of my rifles.

Buckethead47 05-28-2012 06:06 AM

One thing I have against laminate is they don't seal well vs a solid wood set. Go out shooting in the rain, next thing you know you can't move the slide because the wood swelled. Ask me how I know... Missed a chance at an 8 point because the gun wouldn't cycle.

jb8815 05-28-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckethead47 (Post 816563)
One thing I have against laminate is they don't seal well vs a solid wood set. Go out shooting in the rain, next thing you know you can't move the slide because the wood swelled. Ask me how I know... Missed a chance at an 8 point because the gun wouldn't cycle.

I have had shotguns with synthetic stocks and have not had a problem but it was in snow, not rain. I will let him know your info. Thanks.

BrooklynFaTs 05-28-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb8815

A wats up I have a brand new set for da 870 express I bought the gun bran new I change the stock be for I used it ill sell it to u for 50 bucks my # 845 517 7528

HockaLouis 05-28-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckethead47 (Post 816563)

Bucket, that makes little sense -- laminates are actually quite known for the opposite.