Remington 870 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 870

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

ah shur ill prob be able to pick up stock nd pump somewhere or swap wit someone round d locality!! hey thanks for all d advice bud!!! one last q!! slugs are hard to atain here and requir special lisence... i want ammunition with a fair bit of distance cuz its hard to get close to rabits wen were lamping and dont want to go buyin rifle just now. if i were to break seal on shell and replace pellets with large lead or steal ball bearing wud dis work?? if so how wud i reseal shell?? and is it wise to attempt this????

Old 05-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Sorry 3 guns. I don't have any reloading experiance so I don't know the answer to that. Maybe someone else can take this one.
Jo

Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #13

ah shur mite figure it out bit of trail and error!! thanks ny way!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #14

Default No No NO!!!

Not a wise choice to change projectiles with powder that has been loaded for some other projectile?

Wow! I hope you don't try this!

Crimping and powder is completely different from shot shells Versa to slug shell!

Back to the original question is this barrel blued or express version? because it does make a difference in how you remove the rust on each type?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #15

thats good advice and ill tak it!! maybe in the rite circumctances with old gun pertective gear etc... slugs are restricted were im from so we have to make do!!
i dont no about guns in perticul but for treating steel in general......

This is a very successful 3 step system by KBS Coatings:
Step #1: Klean it with AquaKlean! This remarkable, heavy-duty, water-based concentrate penetrates so deeply and effectively that all contamination and unwanted surface residue is removed. You are left with a completely clean surface which is of utmost importance for a coating's ability to penetrate and permanently adhere.

Step #2: Blast it with RustBlast! This powerful water-based rust remover and zinc phosphate metal etch provides an ideal surface for optimal coverage and permanent adhesion. Your prepared surface now yields enough texture for a deep chemical bonding of any coating to the base metal and rust.

Step #3: Seal it with RustSeal! This incredible, non-porous, flexible coating chemically bonds to metal to permanently seal rust by blocking all pores and locking out moisture and oxygen. .
Source(s):
Stop Rust - Preferred 4 to 1 over POR-15 - Gas Tank Sealer - KBS Coatings - RustSeal in Colors