Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 1187 Barrel bracket swivel thing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Remington 1187 Barrel bracket swivel thing

Haha, sorry for the technical sounding title...

I'm looking for the clamp/bracket that goes between the barrel and mag tube extension for a 1187. I've seen some cheaper looking clamp styles with the swivel mount on the side, but i'm looking for one similar to the police model, it looks more solid and has the swivel mount on the bottom.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I see several sling mounts incorporated into the extended mag tube, why not go with that? it would appear to be more secure. Midway has the "spacer" type you ask about for 11.99 but is out of stock as usual.
MidwayUSA - GG&G Front Sling Mount Adapter Remington 870, 1100, 1187 12 Gauge Aluminum Matte

Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #3

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks, I looked at them a little bit. I'm looking forsomething that provides better support by linking the mag tube to the barrel.

I guess the only one like what I want is the OEM Remington one that comes on the 7shot stock setups, like the police and the marine magnum etc.

I guess I could order it from them, but they are like 35 bucks.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper