Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 1100 Sling Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Remington 1100 Sling Mount

Well I decided to add a sling to my newly acquired, new to me 1100. It was one of those late night, been sitting in from of the pc bored kinda moments so I dug out the dremel and went to work.

The forearm QD is from IWC impactweaponcomponents.com which I robbed from one of my Troy Ext. rails. It just so happened to have the perfect curvature to fit on the fore grip. The retaining bracket on the backside had to be recessed slightly to clear some moving parts.

The QD on the butt stock is also from IWC but is for a Magpul MOE rail. The backside of this socket is flat which worked out great for the butt stock.

All in all it turned out quite nice I think. The new flush version would have been better for the rear socket but, you know how it is... I didn't want to wait. I did order a couple to replace the ones I robbed off of the ARs though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Looks good to me. Whats that inscribed on the side of the receiver? Rem's website only shows the breech side (terminology?).

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Its some cosmetic scribing.