Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 1100 receiver part missing. Is it dangerous?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington 1100 receiver part missing. Is it dangerous?

I just bought a used Rem. 1100 12 ga. from an individual at a gun show. When I took the gun apart to clean it thoroughly, I noticed that the "guide pin" inside the upper left part of the receiver that slides inside the slot on the barrel, was missing. When I reinstalled the barrel and tightened the forearm nut, everything was tight and snug. Is it dangerous to operate the gun without this "guide pin" in place. Thanks for your consideration.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Contact your local neighborhood gun smith or firearm shop. Personally I would never shoot a firearm with missing parts, there is way too much at stake.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

If you have to ask the question then the only answer is take it to a gunsmith.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #4

I thought that perhaps, just perhaps, there might be a knowlegable gunsmith in this forum!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #5

Simple Fact:

Gun Manufacturers do not put extra parts into one of their products for nothing?

Take it to a local smith and have it repaired. The barrel may seem tight, but it isn't right and needs to be repaired, before firing it. JMHO

Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I thought that perhaps, just perhaps, there might be a knowlegable gunsmith in this forum!
Sorry if our advice is not up to (well down to) your standard.

You asked the question we answered.

If you wanted a gunsmith to answer you should have posted in the gunsmithing section. Or taken it to a gunsmith in the first place.

These are not toys that you can use with out some parts.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #7

Default Remington part answer

I finally went to where i should have gone to begin with, Remington Arms Corp. answer pages. It seems that the missing barrel guide pin does not IN ANY WAY affect the proper operation fo the 1100. Thanks for all your cynical and sarcastic inputs and it gives me pleasure to say you won't see any more inquireys from me on this B.S. forum. Grow up!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #8

Default Ask and you shall receive. Be Careful whta you ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I finally went to where i should have gone to begin with, Remington Arms Corp. answer pages. It seems that the missing barrel guide pin does not IN ANY WAY affect the proper operation fo the 1100. Thanks for all your cynical and sarcastic inputs and it gives me pleasure to say you won't see any more inquireys from me on this B.S. forum. Grow up!
ctschrader@earthlink.net
this is his e-mail address if anyone would like to pursue his comment, I do not!

I will still stand behind my comment from above:

If the manufacturer puts it on the firearm, it should be there! And I doubt very much that any responsible person from Remington gave this individual the response he emailed me?

But again I have only been a smith for over 30years and I am still learning I appologize for my inability.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #9

Default Remington 1100 part

Well Ruger Mike, I won't argue with your logic, but if you read my question CAREFULLY, I ASKED IF IT WAS DANGEROUS. The answer, if you care to look, is on Remington Arms FAQ's. And the answer is NO NO NO!