Remington 105 CTI II, gonna torture it....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Remington 105 CTI II, gonna torture it....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington 105 CTI II, gonna torture it....

Have any of Y'all had experiences with the 105 CTI I or II? I bought the !)% CTI from Bass Pro when it first came out a couple years ago. It shoulders nice, has the lowest recoil I have ever felt from a 12g, and patterns like a wet dream. The first season it cycled bird shot while dove hunting no problem. But come deer season, it wouldn't cycle 3" buckshot. I sent it back to Remington, they had it over a year, and gave it the 105 CTI II upgrade. I got it back, and it flip flopped on me. It would cycle #" shells ok, but not 2 3/4" at all. Nothing cycled reliably, so I sent it back AGAIN. I just got it back, they put a new receiver on it, along with a new barrel and other things. Basically a new gun. So, tomorrow, I'm gonna burn this gun up on the range. I've got 50 rounds of about every 12g shell you could think of (except slugs). Any tips or experiences y'all want to throw at me, I'd appreciate. I hope the thing works, it really does shoot well (when it cycles), has perfect weight and balance, and patterns well.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Since they have discontinued the gun I would send it back and demand a full refund. It might work now but what about 5 or 10 years from now?