Rem Customer Service
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Rem Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 280 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Rem Customer Service

Had issue w my 870 express - pump was rubbing finish off left side of receiver. I called Rem CS and they sent me packing label to ship the gun back to them for free.

Since I was sending it back, I respectfully requested some upgrades - install 1100 mid-sight bead & larger green florescent front sight. I even offered to pay for it. They did it all for free, even refinished the receiver and as a bonus, installed a jumbo head safety and included a white front site bead in case I wanted to change it up. All shipping & handling was billed to warranty.

Very impressed. Always love it when a company exceeds your expectations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2721 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

Gonzilla,

I had a similar experience with Remington this year although not as excessive as yours.
Somehow, I had got solvent on my prize Remington 700 CDL 7MM Rem. Mag hunting rifles Butt Pad. I was not aware of it at the time and put the rifle in the gun case. A couple of months later I opened the case and the Butt Pad had actually melted and was fastened to the gun case foam as it was melting and deteriorating. I called Remington Customer Service as you did to find out which new Butt Pad I needed to purchase to replace the mishapt. The Remington representative advised me of the Butt Pad I needed that was for my rifle. He then advised they had a newer and better version out for the CDL at this time. Upon inquiring what it would cost me to order one. He advised no problem they would send me one of the New Version Butt Pads for my rifle at no cost on them! WOW! today that is a rarity as your experience was. I have nothing but good to say about their customer service as with your experience!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 04-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #3

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I have had good experiences with Remington and also with Ruger. Remington was mostly about technical assistance and firearms history. Ruger was about a gun that got purchased new once, sent back for function problems twice, and traded for a very nice SKS once

Having said that, I have never had a need to call Smith & Wesson, CZ or Century Arms....just sayin.....

Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

any company that mass produces an item can have some that slip through the cracks of QC at times. how their CS and the warranty handles those problems is what i base decisions on as to whether i would ever continue doing business with them in the future.

i have been very fortunate in most all of my firearms purchases in the new ones never needed any repairs, or experianced problems needing attention, and the used ones i have bought, i usually just repaired them myself.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Had issue w my 870 express - pump was rubbing finish off left side of receiver. I called Rem CS and they sent me packing label to ship the gun back to them for free.

Since I was sending it back, I respectfully requested some upgrades - install 1100 mid-sight bead & larger green florescent front sight. I even offered to pay for it. They did it all for free, even refinished the receiver and as a bonus, installed a jumbo head safety and included a white front site bead in case I wanted to change it up. All shipping & handling was billed to warranty.

Very impressed. Always love it when a company exceeds your expectations.
This is freakin' awesome! Good for you, man.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #6

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

I sold guns. You can usually and eventually get anything taken care of, but it was far easier with Remington or Mossberg. Oh, and Weatherby. Browning and S&W first you had to get past the assumption that you must be an idiot because everyone knows they are perfect. First time I ever called Colt I was downright mad, but every other time I ever called them they were fantastic.

What could have happened... did.