Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   Rem. Chokes (

AmsterDan 03-08-2009 12:14 AM

Rem. Chokes

Just browsing for a Remington 870 Express and on their website in the specifications area it shows what kind of choke the shotgun is equipped with. It says 'Rem. Choke'. Does this mean the interchangeable choke tubes?

Also, the 870 Express comes with a fixed modified choke doesn't it? Which means I'll have to get a barrel that supports interchangeable chokes?

One more question. Does this model have the 'mounting rails'?



Virginian 03-08-2009 11:53 AM

RemChokes means the choke tubes. The Express has RemChokes too, but it only comes with one modified tube rather than the standard three tubes to cut costs.
I do not know if or which models come with a Picatinny rail, or MIL-STD-1913 rail, or STANAG 2324 rail for accessories.

mdw104 03-25-2009 01:54 AM

I've been looking at those Remingtons too. One of the Express models comes with a 18" fixed cylinder choke which means no choke tube. But the others I believe come with the Rem-Chokes. There is one tactical model that has some sort of rail where a ghost ring sight mounts.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.