Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Recommendations for a tactical Shotgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/recommendations-tactical-shotgun-37322/)

ObsceneJesster 01-24-2011 04:57 AM

Recommendations for a tactical Shotgun
 
I am looking to purchase a pump action tactical shotgun with a lot of accessory options I can eventually add on to it. The only 3 requirements I have is:

1. Would like to stay under $500.

2. Barrel length of 18 to 20 inches.

3. All black.

Your responses and recommendations are much appreciated.

doctherock 01-24-2011 05:11 AM

Big 5 sports had the Mossberg 500 persuader for $279 a while back. You want tactical spend another 100 and put a new fore grip on and a new stock.

big shrek 01-24-2011 08:14 AM

Check yer local pawn shops for a used Remington 870 or 1100...

I picked an 870 up cheap :)
Now I'm gonna PIMP it out :D

ObsceneJesster 01-25-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 428341)
Check yer local pawn shops for a used Remington 870 or 1100...

I picked an 870 up cheap :)
Now I'm gonna PIMP it out :D

Took your advise on the used 870. I went to 3 pawn shops today and found one for $285. It's all black and looks brand spankin new. It has a 20in barrel but I am thinking about cutting it down. Whats your opinion for barrel length on a tactical shotty? Does anyone know how short I can make it according to Maryland state law?

NGIB 01-25-2011 11:10 AM

Federal law requires 18" to stay out of trouble. Hopefully, you're not going to grab a hacksaw and chop away. Do a search as we recently had a thread about cutting down barrels...

ObsceneJesster 01-25-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 429140)
Federal law requires 18" to stay out of trouble. Hopefully, you're not going to grab a hacksaw and chop away. Do a search as we recently had a thread about cutting down barrels...

I was going to take it to a gunsmith. I don't trust myself enough to do any cutting on any fire arm....:D

JTJ 01-25-2011 05:51 PM

If you are looking at this for tactical and survival, Think about sending the barrel in to Polychoke. You can have a very versatile weapon with a 20" barrel.

Poink88 01-25-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsceneJesster (Post 429073)
Took your advise on the used 870. I went to 3 pawn shops today and found one for $285. It's all black and looks brand spankin new. It has a 20in barrel but I am thinking about cutting it down. Whats your opinion for barrel length on a tactical shotty? Does anyone know how short I can make it according to Maryland state law?

Cabela's have Remington 870 on sale for $279.99 right now (Jan. 20-30).

Cabelas - 6SE - Buda

ObsceneJesster 01-25-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poink88 (Post 429386)
Cabela's have Remington 870 on sale for $279.99 right now (Jan. 20-30).

Cabelas - 6SE - Buda

Damn...thanks man...I can take my used one back to the Pawn shop since they have a 7 day return policy and I can take a 1 hour trip to Cabelas and get a brand new one for $5 cheaper.

Poink88 01-25-2011 11:06 PM

Before you do that...please call your local Cabela's to confirm they are running the same sale. :D

Or maybe print the flyer and show it to your pawnshop and ask for a discount. ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.