Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Questions about lights on a shot gun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyogre View Post
Shai? Shadow? The shadow I get is from the light being to far back in relation to the barrel. So when the lights on it casts the shadow up (12 oclock). Some guys don't like this because the whole purpose of having the light is knowing your target. If you can't see their face while pointing the weapon at their chest/ center mass then the light is useless. The surefire light that I have is bright enough that even with the slight shadow I can easily tell whether it's a friend or foe. Again practice, practice, practice. Know your weapons system, your life (and the life of your loved ones) depends on it. :-)
Yes shadow. my only form of internet is threw my android phone.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #22

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts

Yes, an HD shotgun should have a light. Chances are good you may need the gun at night and there's no place else to put it. You need to be able to identify your target. HD is not combat, you can't just blast away. If a situation should arise where it actually would be a problem to reveal your position, just don't turn the light on.

Much better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am getting one and it is still hard for me to decide where. i think the GG&G mount i have been looking at seems the way i want to go. or i may go with this

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Remington-870-Handguards-Rails/dp/B001F0GPZ8

it just comes back to if having the light stay stationary vs moving with the forearm. the GG&G mount the way its made has a slide cutout that slides around the rail. I can see in a worse case scenario that the bracket will move and you cant rack another shell if needed. but i haven't heard that happen yet.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp