Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Question on how to date Browning A5 20GA. semi-auto shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Default Question on how to date Browning A5 20GA. semi-auto shotgun

I found this shotgun at the local trading post yesterday before I went to work, when I got home last night I looked up the serial number on the Browning website. The serial number had a "C" before the ser.number on the barrel it was made in ST. Louis M.O meaning it was manufactured between 1930-1958. My question is during WW2 Remington made these shotguns under Browning patent would the gun have Remington made on it or would it still say Browning. I put the gun on layaway today, it's in what I would say very decent condition, the stock has a couple of small nicks, the fore-end is good "not cracked" and most important the barrel looks to be in good shape. I own a Belgian made 12GA A5 Lite so that's why I was horny to buy this. This shotgun had 500.00 on the price tag up here in this area the old A5 semis (12GA) go for 5-6 hundred all day long this is the first 20GA I have come acrossed. What's everbody's thoughts or opinions on this, sorry for the long worded post.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Boy
I found this shotgun at the local trading post yesterday before I went to work, when I got home last night I looked up the serial number on the Browning website. The serial number had a "C" before the ser.number on the barrel it was made in ST. Louis M.O meaning it was manufactured between 1930-1958. My question is during WW2 Remington made these shotguns under Browning patent would the gun have Remington made on it or would it still say Browning. I put the gun on layaway today, it's in what I would say very decent condition, the stock has a couple of small nicks, the fore-end is good "not cracked" and most important the barrel looks to be in good shape. I own a Belgian made 12GA A5 Lite so that's why I was horny to buy this. This shotgun had 500.00 on the price tag up here in this area the old A5 semis (12GA) go for 5-6 hundred all day long this is the first 20GA I have come acrossed. What's everbody's thoughts or opinions on this, sorry for the long worded post.
I have a 12ga that was made in St Louis in 1947 and it says Browning on it. It doesn't say remington on it anywhere even though it came from the remington factory