Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   pump or double? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/pump-double-65784/)

Ray_Ray 06-04-2012 06:03 PM

pump or double?

A buddy and i have had a long discussion about shot guns. He is a double barrel supporter and I favor the pump. What do y'all like better?

bige91603 06-04-2012 06:16 PM

The question is what task are you going to use them for? Imo pump is a better over all design, the capability to switch barrels and have multiple rounds in the tube is always a plus but then for skeet or trap I would have to lean towards the double because there is no wasted motion added from pumping the action. Both are amazing designs that have with stood the test of time and One is not better than the other, its all preference and choosing the right tool for the job

mountainman13 06-04-2012 06:25 PM

Pump. Easier to fix if anything fails.

Seven 06-04-2012 06:52 PM

Generally 5 > 2.

cottontop 06-04-2012 09:49 PM

There is nothing like a fine well balanced double. A double just has an esthetic value that cannot be duplicated in a mass produced, ugly, rattly, created for the masses pump gun. It's like comparing the proverbial sow's ear to the silk purse. But, beauty and function is in the eye and hands of the beholder. What one likes, another one won't. I don't understand it but I accept it. I will not bird hunt with nothing but a fine side by side nor will I shoot clays with nothing but a fine over/under. Life is too short to have it any other way.
cottontop

tonydewar 06-04-2012 09:55 PM

imho o/u !!!

akers06 06-04-2012 11:38 PM

I'm a semi auto guy

Axxe55 06-05-2012 12:00 AM

i like them all for different reasons. the pump, just because of it's versatility and multiple shell capacity. the semi auto for some of the same reasons, plus just sometimes easier, because i don't have to pump it. the SxS, just classic old time western appeal and John Wayne used them! the O/U, classic refinement in shotguns that says class and style.

tonydewar 06-05-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 825212)
i like them all for different reasons. the pump, just because of it's versatility and multiple shell capacity. the semi auto for some of the same reasons, plus just sometimes easier, because i don't have to pump it. the SxS, just classic old time western appeal and John Wayne used them! the O/U, classic refinement in shotguns that says class and style.

the sxs i think of classic english and a gentalman. the o/u is the jock the comp gun. enjoy our thoughts while we can the 870 and 500 zombie killers be invading this thred soon

akers06 06-05-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonydewar

the sxs i think of classic english and a gentalman. the o/u is the jock the comp gun. enjoy our thoughts while we can the 870 and 500 zombie killers be invading this thred soon

Lmao ain't that the truth