Problem with new Remington 870 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Problem with new Remington 870

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

In my opinion...whether it's a $300 shotgun or a $3000 shotgun....right is right. The "get what you pay for" comment doesn't apply. The finish or quality of the stock is one thing, but as far a alignment and everything else fitting together properly you shouldn't only expect it, you should demand it in a new gun. Send some pictures to Remington along with a concise letter explaining your dis-satisfaction. This little alignment problem won't affect the operation or accuracy of the gun, but it is sure to lower it's resale value....unless you are like me, who keeps every gun I've ever bought. Then it won't matter.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #22

Liked 185 Times on 136 Posts

He talked to Remington. They said to send it to them and they would look at it, estimated time 6 weeks. Odds are they would correct anything. He doesn't want to wait. He is looking for other opinions. He got them.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #23

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Take a dremel with a polish and sanding tip and try to cut the edge back (assuming it can be done). Other than that I am sure it would work. Congrats on owning an 870, I love mine. Don't let this be a turn down for the 870, the older ones are much better. I bought mine used (only had about 10 rounds through it) and it was a 2006 model. The newer you get, the more issues you will have. Then again the newer ones have upgraded parts (such as the shell carrier). Good luck.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 10-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #24

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Take a dremel with a polish and sanding tip and try to cut the edge back (assuming it can be done). Other than that I am sure it would work. Congrats on owning an 870, I love mine. Don't let this be a turn down for the 870, the older ones are much better. I bought mine used (only had about 10 rounds through it) and it was a 2006 model. The newer you get, the more issues you will have. Then again the newer ones have upgraded parts (such as the shell carrier). Good luck.
Not sure if he voids the warranty by using a dremmel on it,, my luck I'd end up making it worse and then you couldn't even send it in.
He should just send it in and wait the time it takes to correct it.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #25

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Not sure if he voids the warranty by using a dremmel on it,, my luck I'd end up making it worse and then you couldn't even send it in.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #26

Liked 83 Times on 66 Posts

Remington was bought out by cerburus a new company owns remington now so remington dosent make the shotguns like they use to should have bought a mossberg

Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #27

Liked 185 Times on 136 Posts

Quote:
Bingo !
Quote:
Remington was bought out by cerburus a new company owns remington now so remington dosent make the shotguns like they use to should have bought a mossberg
Cerberus Capital Management (a genuinely HUGE outfit) has owned Remington for some time, and the Sporting models and Wingmasters are as good as they ever were. The Expresses are made to a price point. If you have a problem, Remington will still fix it. Cerberus agreed to sell The Freedom Group, which controls all their firearm companies, after Sandy Hook when a California legislator threatened to dump all holdings their retirement funds held in any companies that made firearms forbidden in California. As of yet they have not found a suitable buyer, i.e.; one willing to pay what they feel it is worth.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #28

Bought one today. I'm having the same issue. How did it end up for you ?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:52 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 150

I sent mine back to Remington. They fixed my alignment problem (mine was a misaligned mag tube) and performed a few upgrades for free. I was very happy w their work.

I did have to wait an extra few days while they refinished the receiver but I'm glad they did.

The choice is yours...