problem with my mossberg maverick
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > problem with my mossberg maverick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default problem with my mossberg maverick

okay well ive had my mossberg maverick 12 ga for about two years now. its a great working gun buy i cant keep my shells in. the little lever that keeps them in is sticking and i have tried everything to get it to stop. the more shells i put in the harder itll eject it. any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I do have one suggestion, please pay attention to detail and do the Mods a favor and post your question in the apprpriate forum area. This forum heading is for:

FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions
This forum section is for questions and feedback about FirearmsTalk. No firearm questions, only questions about the forum.

Please post your question in this forum area:

General Shotgun Discussion
Forum for all topics related to shotguns and smoothbores.

Maybe a good chamber cleaning, they do get fouled and cause problems with ejection and maybe replacement of the the extractor and spring.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #3

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieler View Post
okay well ive had my mossberg maverick 12 ga for about two years now. its a great working gun buy i cant keep my shells in. the little lever that keeps them in is sticking and i have tried everything to get it to stop. the more shells i put in the harder itll eject it. any suggestions?
Did you put a side saddle on it? Even if you didn't, open the action and you will see a large screw on the other side of the action interior. Make sure that is not too tight or too loose. Too tight will freeze the action.

-Bob

Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #4

okay thank you both i will try them as soon as i get a chance. also i have 00 buck for home protection to go along with my glock 40. is that a decent round?.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Works for me...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson