Pricing on mossbergs?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Pricing on mossbergs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Pricing on mossbergs?

I need just a general price range on some of the guns I am trying to sell if anyone can help. Also, could I take them to a gun shop to get them cleaned up before I sell them? How nice would they clean up or cost to clean up some? I am not talking about rebluing because I am not going to reblue then resell them. I hate the loose action of mossbergs and that's why I am getting rid of them. If more pictures are needed let me know. As you will see the 3rd one has quite a bit of damage to it and it was very mistreated by the previous owner. I do not even know if that is worth selling. It also has quite a bit of rust or all of the bluing has come off of it. One picture is out of place. sorry.

1st- Mossberg 500cg 20ga
2nd- Mossberg 500a 12ga
3rd- Mossberg 500a 12ga

100_0526.jpg   100_0527.jpg   100_0528.jpg   100_0530.jpg   100_0531.jpg  

100_0532.jpg   100_0533.jpg   100_0536.jpg   100_0544.jpg   100_0529.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #2

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

What do the bores look like are the as bad as the outside? Personally as a gunsmith I would only buy these for the usable parts or as project guns. I think by the time you payed to have them cleaned up you wouldn't see any value in doing it. I'd list them as is in a local trade group and see what is offered. You never know some home gunsmith might offer a decent trade for all three to practice refinishing on.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

All of them except the last one have pretty nice outside on them. Just minor rust that I am going to rub off once stop being lazy and go out and get some kroil and other cleaning supplys for them. Just took a quick peek at the bores. All of them are very very clean. Mirrors all day long. Like I said, the only rough looking one is of the 500a with the light wood on it. It has a rough outside but the inside is nice.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #4

I would still list them for sale or trade. I've done much better trading lately to get what I want. The price of used guns has been high lately but trades for me have been closer to true value. As for the 500a clean what you can but I wouldn't put much in it, like I said someone might want it for a project or camp gun.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I doubt I am going to put much time into the beat up one. I am talking about wiping off some small surface rust of the nice looking 500a. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking. I forget which mod or supporting member is in the virginia area but I am going to be down that way in a few weeks and was hoping to pass off possibly the 500a in beat up condition and possibly an ithaca 22lr. m-49r(I know i'm in the shotgun thread) that I just don't have the experience to fix and thought I would put it into the hands of someone who can redo it. I am headed to 3 upcoming gun shows and was going to sell them there if anyone was looking for them.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx View Post
I doubt I am going to put much time into the beat up one. I am talking about wiping off some small surface rust of the nice looking 500a. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking. I forget which mod or supporting member is in the virginia area but I am going to be down that way in a few weeks and was hoping to pass off possibly the 500a in beat up condition and possibly an ithaca 22lr. m-49r(I know i'm in the shotgun thread) that I just don't have the experience to fix and thought I would put it into the hands of someone who can redo it. I am headed to 3 upcoming gun shows and was going to sell them there if anyone was looking for them.
I'm in Tn near Nashville. I'm a retired gunsmith. Where are you out of? I have seen several begining gunsmiths on here looking for projects that would allow them to practice. A shotgun with a vent rib can be quite a challange to polish up for refinishing.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am located in Maryland near Baltimore. I know of no local gunsmiths that have been actually recommended to me on a good basis. It kind of sucks that I can't just go down the street and have someone look at what I have and work on it if needed. I have to do all the minor things by myself. I am learning slowly but surely. I have talked to a person on here before that is located in central virginia. Not a gunsmith for a job but as a hobby if I remember correctly. I will be headed to the virginia/north carolina line practically to visit family and I will be headed through virginia and figured I could always make a detour to pass on an old gun to someone who can actually do something with it. If you know any Maryland gunsmiths please let me know and I will check into taking my stuff there.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx View Post
I am located in Maryland near Baltimore. I know of no local gunsmiths that have been actually recommended to me on a good basis. It kind of sucks that I can't just go down the street and have someone look at what I have and work on it if needed. I have to do all the minor things by myself. I am learning slowly but surely. I have talked to a person on here before that is located in central virginia. Not a gunsmith for a job but as a hobby if I remember correctly. I will be headed to the virginia/north carolina line practically to visit family and I will be headed through virginia and figured I could always make a detour to pass on an old gun to someone who can actually do something with it. If you know any Maryland gunsmiths please let me know and I will check into taking my stuff there.
If I hear of anyone I will let you know.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for looking out and the input here.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #10

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

$50-$200 each as I see them. $300-$350 all I'd guesstimate.