Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Post up your 870/1100!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Post up your 870/1100!

Heres my 870 project. Pretty much just tactical stuff right now. These pics don't show my red dot, or my barrel shroud, but you get the picture. I'm looking for a longer barrel with chokes that can be changed out as the only barrel I have is straight through. My hope is that with all the right furniture, that this can be my "do everything" 12 gauge. Looking for a nice wood stock set too. Anyways, Lets see what you're working with! Modz too!

100_0585.jpg   100_0586.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've only got this crappy picture of mine. It's got a 18" barrel with rifle sights (it also came with a longer vent rib barrel). I just love it. I didn't add anything but a shell holder.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

So what exactly are we looking at in the last pic?

Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #5

bought it new in the box so i'm keepin it stock. good gun just like it is.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:29 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Workhorse

[IMG]C:\Users\Eric\Pictures\Hunting '09\IMG00015[1].jpg[/IMG]

my duck gun/home defense gun/slug gun/coyote gun/trap gun.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
So what exactly are we looking at in the last pic?
Sorry. It's the Wilson Combat magazine follower. I actually found it on EBay. If you knew what the factory follower looked like, you'd know why I changed it. Wait a minute....................
Here's the factory flimsy plastic follower that I feel needs replaced with something more substantial. If you own one, you'll know what I mean. Whenever I obtain a firearm of any sort, there's just some simple things I have in mind, and that includes being the most reliable I can make it. Why you ask don't all firearms come exactly the way we want them to be from the start? Well, there are a few short answers to that question, and I'll highlight them. #1...it's not a perfect world. #2...if it came the exact way we wanted them, then they would be too expensive and then we wouldn't have enough. #3...you've got to realize that every manufacturer leaves a door opened for aftermarket manufacturers....one feeds the other at the bottom line.

I can crush the factory orange follower with two fingers and it's thin. Imagine that with a fully loaded magazine under spring compression and the spring working it's way around the follower or worse yet, the follower folding up sideways in the magazine tube. I'm not saying it will, but like I said.......I depend on my firearms to get the job done, and none of mine have ever let me down in the field. I just do what's necessary to feel the utmost confidence in all that I have. What's a $5 part worth in the long run?

Last edited by Ram Rod; 01-02-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #8

haha. Funny thing. I have yet to do anything with my 870 other than put it in the safe, but being that I bought it used, I decided to crack it open and see if the follower had been upgraded. AANNTT. stocker. You weren't kidding, this thing must be made by frito lay.

Also, how do you like your side saddle. I'm looking to get a six shot. What brand is that one? Ever tried a speed loader?

Last edited by LotzORemmies; 01-03-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotzORemmies View Post
haha. Funny thing. I have yet to do anything with my 870 other than put it in the safe, but being that I bought it used, I decided to crack it open and see if the follower had been upgraded. AANNTT. stocker. You weren't kidding, this thing must be made by frito lay.

Also, how do you like your side saddle. I'm looking to get a six shot. What brand is that one? Ever tried a speed loader?
Tac-Star side saddle. I think they have a few options. 4-5-6 rounds if I'm not mistaken. I chose the four...good balance, and overall, it makes my 870 express a ten rounder. I like nice round numbers.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1081 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 507

I guess I could consider my 1906 Remington Model 11 a Tactical shotgun if that is what everyone calls a Matte Black shotgun. The only other Remmy I own is my 870 TB trap shotgun. The others are a Browning BPS and a Savage 520. All are 12ga.