Place Of Manufacture
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Place Of Manufacture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Place Of Manufacture

At one time I had seen or found a link to a site that posted a list of where firearms are made. There was a really long list, as memory serves me, by manufacturer as to what country and in some instances the company in other countries that produced firearms. Has anyone seen the same thing I'm remembering?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10968 Times on 4751 Posts
Likes Given: 1802

Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Firearms_manufacturers_by_nationality
Old 09-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #3

Liked 191 Times on 142 Posts

That will not tell you where the parts are coming from. Mossberg was making a bunch of barrels in Mexico, and Beretta/Benelli is sourcing some in.... wait for it... Turkey.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

In fact, my Mossberg SA-20 is made by HATSAN in Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
That will not tell you where the parts are coming from. Mossberg was making a bunch of barrels in Mexico, and Beretta/Benelli is sourcing some in.... wait for it... Turkey.
Turkish shotguns made by huglu are some of the best out there. Both my cz ringneck and cz hammer coach are huglu made and will outshoot a winchester model21 long after the 21 has shot itself to pieces.

I do not care where a gun is made so long as it is made to high quality standards
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
RKB

Liked 265 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Turkish shotguns made by huglu are some of the best out there. Both my cz ringneck and cz hammer coach are huglu made and will outshoot a winchester model21 long after the 21 has shot itself to pieces.
Never saw a 21 'shot to pieces'. I've seen several Huglu's fall apart. You can keep shooting the Huglu's, that will leave more 21's for the rest of us.
People Like This 
Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKB View Post
Never saw a 21 'shot to pieces'. I've seen several Huglu's fall apart. You can keep shooting the Huglu's, that will leave more 21's for the rest of us.
Depends on who contracts them. The stoeger huglus are pretty much junk the cz and benelli ones arent
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Balota Likes This 
Old 09-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #8

Thanks, c3shooter for the link you posted. It's not the same thing I remembered seeing but the information I was curious about is there all the same. The other posters make points of their own as I often do. My 58 yr. old sometimes closed mine still tells me that products made in other countries just can't be all that good. Ok,,, fire away I'm taking cover! But there is nothing about any where in Turkey that say quality workmanship, materials or anything else to me. A product of a life spent behind the "Pine Curtin" of East Texas. But I'm getting better, I own a Glock, a Vanguard, and even a couple of Taurases.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #9

Liked 191 Times on 142 Posts

I don't really care where the parts are sourced from as long as there are good specs and quality control everything will be okay. BUT, a Huglu is not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as a Model 21. I have never been a Winchester fan boy, especially not shotguns, and not even early Model 70s, but the 21 is as good as any SxS ever made, anywhere. It is not an English game gun style.
The S&W Elites and the Cabela's Dickinsons do show what they are capable of. And I don't blame them for also turning out the absolute cheapest thing possible as well, as that is what so many people want. To hell with the track record, they want cheap, and they buy cheap. If companies aren't in business to make money, pretty soon they won't be in business to make anything.
People Like This