Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Pistol Grip & Stock on 870 Express

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pistol Grip & Stock on 870 Express

Hello All,
First posting here and I hope this is a good topic. I've read alot of the Shotgun discussions from the past already and didn't see anything directly related. I have a new Rem. 870 Express Pump 20ga. I have trouble holding it because of some wrist surgey and lack of rotating motion in my wrist because of. I want to get a stock that has a pistol grip. Little more info, gun is for Dove mainly and HD 2nd.

1.) What is a good place to find one that is compatible because I've checked the regular places(Academy, Gndr Mtn).

2.) What are the pros and cons of the pistol grip?(besides my fore end and butt wont match unless I change both)

Look forward to hearing the responses.

-Good Shooting

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Here's mine:

Check out combathunting.com. That's where I got my stock, pistol grip and foregrip. No complaints -- fast delivery and inexpensive. It has been rock solid -- no problems.

The mag tube extender I got somewhere else...can't remember where offhand.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #3

the CAA stuff is pretty wicked. I have an ATI folding pistol grip for my 870 and I honestly hate it. The folding mechanism gets in the way of how you'd naturally hold a pistol grip shotgun. After holding it for just over 60 seconds, a bruise starts to form on the first knuckle of my right thumb as all the weight of gun sits there. But I do like the tri rail front grip. I'll be switching to the CAA non folding pistol grip as the funds become available and will likely chuck this thing in the trash.

Command Arms Pistol Grip Buttstock Assembly 6-Position Collapsible Remington 870 12 Gauge Synthetic Black - MidwayUSA

The biggest plus to a pistol grip is when clearing your house for a possible intruder. When opening a door with a non-pistol grip shotgun, you must completely drop the gun off you shoulder to do so, or do some very noisy hand acrobatics to get the door open without dropping the shotgun

With a pistol grip, you can hold the shotgun with one hand in a prone and ready position while opening the door with the other hand, thus decreasing your reaction time and increasing the likelihood of "sluggin" the intruder.

This works especially well on a much lighter benelli nova tactical, but is much more difficult on our much heavier 870, even more so if fully loaded with a mag extension.

That leaves 'control' as the only true benefit for those of us with an 8-7-T

Last edited by LotzORemmies; 01-01-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #4

pic of the problem I'm having. The ATI non folding stock may work pretty good, I don't know.

100_0587.jpg  

Old 01-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Yea, Lotz, that is a problem. I would change that post haste.

If you want a folding stock, get a top folding stock, jmho.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 01-01-2010 at 03:35 AM.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would look into the Knoxx Spec-Ops stock : http://www.remingtonle.com/pdf/KnoxxPR.pdf

Remington now offers them on their LEO shotties, but they are available for Remington 870's, Mossbergs, Win., in black and Camo finish.

Knoxx

Not only does it offer the pistol grip you were looking for, but with built-in recoil suppression, it has been shown to cut felt recoil up to 95%. Keep in mind that felt recoil is a subjective thing and will differ between folks.

2 - mossbergs. top one is 12ga with Knoxx Spec-ops stock
bottom one is 20ga with Knoxx Comp-stock on it.

Slo

Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

EBay if you're looking.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
I would look into the Knoxx Spec-Ops stock : http://www.remingtonle.com/pdf/KnoxxPR.pdf

Remington now offers them on their LEO shotties, but they are available for Remington 870's, Mossbergs, Win., in black and Camo finish.

Knoxx

Not only does it offer the pistol grip you were looking for, but with built-in recoil suppression, it has been shown to cut felt recoil up to 95%. Keep in mind that felt recoil is a subjective thing and will differ between folks.

2 - mossbergs. top one is 12ga with Knoxx Spec-ops stock
bottom one is 20ga with Knoxx Comp-stock on it.

Slo
I tried out that stock and I just didn't like how it sat on my shoulder, but I did like how the small bend in the stock allows for easier viewing down the barrel (another problem with my current stock even with the cheek riser all the way up... )

I'm going to give the CAA a go, plus it stores batteries for my red dot. But with the EXTRA cheek pad extention, it's almost 275!!! it better fricken be worth it!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, Lotz, that is a problem. I would change that post haste.

If you want a folding stock, get a top folding stock, jmho.
I think I'm done with the whole folding thing... I thought it was "cool", but now I'd just like something that's a bit more functional.

BTW, That's a great signature. And remember, Obama is not muslim, those pictures of him with all the religious garb on is just a publicity stunt. And the fact that he changed his name and uses 16 different aliases including everything from Barry Sotoro to Barack Hussien Mohammad Obama doesn't mean that he's trying to hide anything or show is unfaultering affection for his "other" religion.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Check out ebay. I seen a lot of pistol grip stocks on there looking for different furniture for my 870.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."