Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Pics Of Norenco Model 37 Clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pics Of Norenco Model 37 Clone

HELLO ALL

RON L HERE = SERESURPLUS

AS PROMISED, PHOTO'S OF THE NORENCO 37 CLONE, WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND EFFORT TO OBTAIN:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/RONCELL/GUNCOLLECTIONITEMS003.jpg

ENJOY!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #2

Default Norinco

How do you like your Chinese 870? I was issued one because our dept. got em for $129 bucks. I rung it out on a range and had a few problems. 1 st had fast action stoppages (The action was cycled and shell ejected, but did not feed a new cartridge, and the gun would have an empty chamber, It was frustrating to "bang,click, bang, click, click bang") The 2cd problem I had was a shell got caught in the chamber and I had to take the barrell off and drive it out with a dowell. I sprayed everything with WD-40, so it was a dripping mess and shot the hell out of it after that. I had to slow down on the speed shooting drills, but it worked flawlessly after the field strip and lube job. I put about 500 rounds through it that day. (my shoulder was bruised-bad) I got a Benelli M4 now.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I know absolutely nothing about these weapons, but I can assure you that the one in your picture looks really cool. Hope this helps.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy dow View Post
How do you like your Chinese 870?
That's not an 870 copy, it's a knockoff of the old Ithaca 37. Notice the lack of a side ejection port. It both feeds and ejects from the bottom, same as a Browning BPS. The big advantage to this type of design is that it works equally well for both right handed and left handed shooters.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 03-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pics of Ithaka 37 Clone By Norenco

Hello all/Zappa and Deputy Dow

Yes, as Zapa had said, this is not a copy of the Rem 870, I have a friend that has one of those and Loves his! This is a copy of the Ithaka 37 and So far, less than 500 rounds this one works well! I got it cauz it was cheap, on the shelp and I wanted to Try and see if I liked the Ghost Rings before putting big $ into a set? As far as a House gun, this one is well GREAT! I wish I could put a speedfeed stock on it, as now it just sports a silly stock sock that holds 5 rounds! I thought I'd post the Pic and get folks talking about them! Norenco makes a good Shotgun, The make a copy of the 97 Winchester and it's a Beaut! Not fond of supporting the Chi-Coms, but every dollor we spend with them, losens thier grip on Communism!

Old 03-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #6

Default Norinco

My appologies, I just glaced at the photo, The 870 clone I had was set up the same way- peep sight, same stock, etc. . I just assumed it was the 870 clone.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default ics of Norenco Model 372 Shotgun

Responce to Deputy Dow

OH no reason to appoligize, it was an honest mistake! I've seen the 870 clone you refer to and I've not had a chance to try one? I bought this one (Model 372) as I have always liked the Ithaka 37 and never got one before they stopped making them! I always wanted to Try a Ghost Ring site, as I have had rifle sites on and 870 and liked it! The Ghost right in this model is of course a larger appature and makes use of slugs or shot fast and easy to aquire the target! Thats for your responce's to my posts!

RON L = SERESURPLUS

Old 03-26-2008, 03:47 AM   #8

Um they do still make the Ithaca 37. There made not too far from me in Upper Sandusky OH. My wife works with a girl who's husband works there, he keeps trying to get me to put my application in there.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #9

Default http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/members/sgt-ritt/

Just a little food for thought,when we got ran out of nam we left 137,000 Ithica 37s setting in a warehouse in Danang,so if ever have a hard time finding one think of that!! I have A norinco 37 its just like the 1,s we used overseas! As far as dealing with the chicoms,when my Gov. stops dealing with them I will to!!

Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #10

The Norinco 37 is a very durable well made shotgun. The stock is very solid and thick not thin & hollow like the cheap polymer stocks that come on more expensive shotguns. Thick harden steel receiver with all machined parts. They are a deal. The nice ghost ring sights would cost as much as the shotgun if you bought set here in the US after market. The steel heat shield is well made also. The one in the pic is new as you can see the fit and parkerized finish is excellent for a Tactical utility shotgun.

GC

Last edited by MAX100; 01-03-2010 at 01:23 AM.