Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Picked up a Savage 320 today...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Picked up a Savage 320 today...

I saw Cabela's had a Savage 320 security pump on sale for $ 199.99 in their flier today so I ran down and picked one up. All the reviews I've read have been favorable. I don't normally buy bargain guns, but don't have any security shotguns is the safe so I thought I'd pick one up and try it out.

I was a little perturbed at Cabela's though. They have the model with the ghost ring sight in their add, and the actual gun on sale had no rear sight, and a front bead. (see pics).

Yes, I did have to buy it, but this kind of BS is getting to be the norm for Cabela's. This happened to me a year ago with a pistol they had listed. The price in store was $ 50.00 more than the flyer. The sales jockey directed me to a note in small print on the back of the flier noting not responsible for misprints, blah-blah-blah, but this misleading advertising seems to be their MO now, and it pisses me off.

They used to be so great to deal with, but now, I don't know....

1.jpg   2.jpg  

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Last edited by Westy; 08-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #2

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just tell them if they want your business you want whats posted in the ad. If not then look else were, there are always good deals out there you just have to find them sometimes..

Old 08-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #3

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

That really sucks wind of them! Reality is the bead is better anyway, but I know that's little consolation (the GRS's do LOOK really cool). Let us know how it works. I am torn about the forearm -- it gives a better length of pull, but, also makes for clothing getting caught in between it and the receiver to jam it. I also don't love the Remington lifter design.

Presume it holds five rounds in the tube? Confirm!?

Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

How's the gun?

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I didn't load the tube yet but will confirm it's five tomorrow. I suppose the lack of the ghost sight and front blade is o.k. Being the gun cost less than $200, it would probably break anyway. Besides, it's a scatter gun- point and shoot.

I haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet. Picked up a couple boxes on field loads today and some buckshot. I plan on hitting the range after work one night next week and will post after.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #6

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Honestly, if u r a regular shotgun shooter, I think u saved some money. U would have gone out and bought a non-GRS barrel soon after using the one it came with...

Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had it out to the range yesterday and put a box of field loads thru it, along with a box of 00 buck. It ran fine with no issues, other than when I shoot it freehand at the waist, I tend to grip the forearm to the rear, and have a tendency to let it slip back after the shot, causing the shell not to eject. That's the best way I can explain it. Other than that, it really shot fine. Relatively smooth action and accurate with 00 buck. It's not my Beretta, but hey, what do you expect for $ 170.00? Another plus- I go a Cabelas $ 20 off order over $150 coupon Monday and stopped in and have them credit my account by $20.

I ordered a Tasco receiver mount for it and plan on installing a inexpensive red dot on it.

Will post pics then.

Oh yeah, 5 inb the tube Hocka....