Over under question - Page 2


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Over under question

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I believe there have been some French shotguns made with that type of action. I have seen them advertised in Shooting Sportsman magazine. They are very high end and very expensive.
cottontop



__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Take a side by side, fab a buttstock that is turned 90 degrees and, VOILA!!



__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston,OR
Posts: 229
Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51
Take a side by side, fab a buttstock that is turned 90 degrees and, VOILA!!
I had this idea a couple Weeks ago and was looking fir a cheap sxs...then one HUGE design flaw hit me. Where are the triggers once you turn it sideways. No longer under thr gun, but on the side.
__________________
rferguson61 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61

I had this idea a couple Weeks ago and was looking fir a cheap sxs...then one HUGE design flaw hit me. Where are the triggers once you turn it sideways. No longer under thr gun, but on the side.
Not to mention itll break open to the side and not down, in my opinion whats the point in that.
__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61

I had this idea a couple Weeks ago and was looking fir a cheap sxs...then one HUGE design flaw hit me. Where are the triggers once you turn it sideways. No longer under thr gun, but on the side.
Ha...yeah. Good point. Obviously, I spent more time typing that out, than actually thinking about it!! )
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Not to mention itll break open to the side and not down, in my opinion whats the point in that.
I think this was covered in the OP's very first sentence. Now, I could be misunderstanding his question I guess?
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston,OR
Posts: 229
Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

I think this was covered in the OP's very first sentence. Now, I could be misunderstanding his question I guess?
I want it to break to the side. So you're on the right track with the sxs turned 90. Someone else misunderstood.
__________________
rferguson61 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61

I want it to break to the side. So you're on the right track with the sxs turned 90. Someone else misunderstood.
I was pretty sure I understood ya...but you never know. Thanks for clearin' it up.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston,OR
Posts: 229
Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

I was pretty sure I understood ya...but you never know. Thanks for clearin' it up.
No problem. Thanks for trying to help. If you come up with any other ideas let me know. Im still kicking around the turning a sxs 90 but trying to Frankenstein an o/u trigger group into it.
__________________
rferguson61 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61

No problem. Thanks for trying to help. If you come up with any other ideas let me know. Im still kicking around the turning a sxs 90 but trying to Frankenstein an o/u trigger group into it.
Man, just be safe whatever you do. That stuff isn't anything to play around with. I don't know your background...I'm sure you know what you are doing. Just wanted to throw that out there.


__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
.243 win load question and powder question Mantids88 Ammunition & Reloading 8 10-16-2010 11:55 PM