over and under question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > over and under question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default over and under question

I am curious if they make a shot gun that has the over rifled for a slug and the under smooth for buck shot.
If not, then can you just buy an over and under slug gun and use the under for buck shot with no repercussions.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9564 Times on 4115 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Well, shooting buckshot thru a rifled barrel does not hurt the gun- but the pattern of any shot from a rifled barrel looks a bit like a doughnut. Shot cup is spun, causing shot to spread out. But I cannot recall having seen an over and under with rifled barrels. They are usually pump or semi. Is there one you have seen? An alternative may to be to a rifled screw in choke- or a rifle (state game laws permitting, of course)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Like c3 said a rifled choke tube or use rifled slugs in the smooth bore. Rifled slug can be pretty accurate out to 100 yards give or take.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.