Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   over and under question (

saviorslegacy 08-08-2010 08:14 PM

over and under question
I am curious if they make a shot gun that has the over rifled for a slug and the under smooth for buck shot.
If not, then can you just buy an over and under slug gun and use the under for buck shot with no repercussions.

c3shooter 08-08-2010 10:12 PM

Well, shooting buckshot thru a rifled barrel does not hurt the gun- but the pattern of any shot from a rifled barrel looks a bit like a doughnut. Shot cup is spun, causing shot to spread out. But I cannot recall having seen an over and under with rifled barrels. They are usually pump or semi. Is there one you have seen? An alternative may to be to a rifled screw in choke- or a rifle (state game laws permitting, of course)

hunter Joe 08-08-2010 10:32 PM

Like c3 said a rifled choke tube or use rifled slugs in the smooth bore. Rifled slug can be pretty accurate out to 100 yards give or take.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.