over under
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > over under

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default over under

What is the best/most affordable over-under shotgun? I own two pumps but everytime I see one of these (no matter what brand) it catches my eye. I think they are gorgeous.

@TooStrongTerry

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 78

how much are you going to shoot it?the cheep imports on the market dont hold there value or stand up to as many rounds. on the cheep look for a good used beretta browning ruger ect expect to pay 800 or so but you have a solid gun you can get your $ back moving up

Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

This is just like a "dream gun" situation. I'm in no rush...and really I just want one eventually. Money isn't too much of an option

@TooStrongTerry

Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #4

well in that case lust for a kohler

Old 03-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #5

Best and most affordable may have two different meanings. Check out the DeHaan line of O/U's. They are made in Turkey but are really good quality guns for the money. I own a DeHaan and the quality of it seems to be right on par w/ my Browing Citori and my Valmet. The Dehaan cost me about $900 at the time and several guys out at the club where I shoot skeet have guessed the price at around $3000.
cottontop

Old 03-31-2012, 03:25 AM   #6

have never seen one but if the quality is there great price. who imports it?where are you shooting down there i try to shoot tbsc and fishhawk at least 1 time a year

Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #7

I just went to the DeHaan website. I bought mine about 10 years ago and I see they have gone up in price considerably (like everything else). DeHaan Shotguns in Idaho imports them. They have all kinds of custom features and you can order one anyway you want. Just google DeHaan and their site will come up. I shoot shotgun at The Polk County Skeet and Trap Club in Winter Haven. I shoot rifle at the Saddle Creek shooting range in Lakeland.
cottontop

Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another decent O/U shotgun is the Stoeger Condor. they aren't a Browning Citori or a high dollar shotgun, but for a casual shooter or hunter, they are IMO a well made O/U shotgun. they wouldn't be my choice for a competition shooter, but are a decent shotgun for the price.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
another decent O/U shotgun is the Stoeger Condor. they aren't a Browning Citori or a high dollar shotgun, but for a casual shooter or hunter, they are IMO a well made O/U shotgun. they wouldn't be my choice for a competition shooter, but are a decent shotgun for the price.
been there got the tshirt imho learn at my expense skip it

Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
been there got the tshirt imho learn at my expense skip it
i already have one. works great. i have had great luck with mine, that's why i suggested it.