Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Opinions about stoeger 2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinions about stoeger 2000

I need a new bird gun, mainly for dove, pheasant and duck. I have looked into a stoeger 2000 mainly because of the inertia system. Anyone have any experience with these, and id rather not spend more than 500 if anyone knew something better. i shoot mainly 2.75 and 3 inch shells

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a Stoeger 2000 and am tickled with it. It digests the lightest skeet loads through the 3" turkey magnums. It uses the same inertia system as the Benelli.

I'd recommend to get the "newer" version that's identifiable by the fiber optic front bead and higher rib. A few years ago when Benelli bought out Stoeger, they upgraded to all new CNC tooling. That makes the newer version smoother on the inside without the rough tool marks on the interior parts and helps reliability.

My Stoeger 2000 shoots so good you almost have to try to miss. It also comes equipped with sling studs & 5 choke tubes. Hope this helps.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!