Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Opinion? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/opinion-84951/)

sharpshooter1997 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Opinion?

I have a remmy 870 with a 28" barrel. I want to get a 18 1/2" barrel (fixed improved cylinder) and a 2 round extension magazine. $165 all together. Is it worth it? If you have this set up lets see some pics.

akers06 02-23-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshooter1997 (Post 1150245)
I have a remmy 870 with a 28" barrel. I want to get a 18 1/2" barrel (fixed improved cylinder) and a 2 round extension magazine. $165 all together. Is it worth it? If you have this set up lets see some pics.

If that is your cup of tea then that's not a bad price of it was me I would just use a cylinder or skeet choke tube and buy.the extension....Is ten less inches really worth 100+ dollars

locutus 02-23-2013 11:24 PM

Almost all military and police shotguns use barrels of 18 inches or less, and straight cylinder bore.

When you think about it, there must be a darn good reason for that!:)

Is it worth it? You're darn tootin it is!:)

akers06 02-23-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1150734)
Almost all military and police shotguns use barrels of 18 inches or less, and straight cylinder bore.

When you think about it, there must be a darn good reason for that!:)

Is it worth it? You're darn tootin it is!:)

It might worth it to them but for it to sit in your house waiting on the one time (if ever) somebody breaks on your house I think not

dragunovsks 02-24-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akers06

It might worth it to them but for it to sit in your house waiting on the one time (if ever) somebody breaks on your house I think not

My NEF pump barrel is a 1/16 th of an inch short of 18, measured with barrel installed. Its my dedicated hd shotgun but sometimes i use it as a truck gun and i even took it rabbit hunting and deer hunting. Its killed rabbits with #4 shot at short distances and deer with slugs at up to 50 or 60 yards or so. It spreads a pretty wide pattern with shot because theres no choke but its not totally useless and very fun to shoot.

Virginian 02-24-2013 01:22 AM

I agree with Akers06. For true home defense, not worth it. If you want to play cowboys and zombies, it probably is worth it. I believe $100 an inch for more inches would definitely be worth it in some situations. :D
dragunovsks, unless that gun is registered and licensed as a Class 3 weapon I believe I would lose it post haste. Federal felony, and with the current mood I don't see them cutting breaks.

MisterMcCool 02-24-2013 03:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks

My NEF pump barrel is a 1/16 th of an inch short of 18, measured with barrel installed. Its my dedicated hd shotgun but sometimes i use it as a truck gun and i even took it rabbit hunting and deer hunting. Its killed rabbits with #4 shot at short distances

Overkill...