One step closer
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > One step closer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default One step closer

As you guys know I'm working toward starting to compete in Cowboy Action Shooting. Well, went to a gun show this morning to look around and was trying to find a 38/357 rifle. They had a bunch of 30-30 and other calibers but only one in 38/357 and it was a butt ugly carbine with brass tacks and such stuck all over it. Anyway I had no luck on what I was looking for. Glass and I went with a good friend and we had been talking and he said something about bringing a shotgun to the gun show as he had bought it and never fired it and might as well trade it. I asked what type and OMG he said it was a lever action. Turned out it was the exact shotgun I wanted and he wanted to trade. To make a long story short I now own a never fired reproduction of John Brownings 1887 lever action 12 GA shotgun. I had no idea my friend had the shotgun and he had no idea I was looking for one. Here she is, I hope to take her out tomorrow for a range test.

p1020144.jpg   p1020146.jpg   p1020147.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

That's damn beautiful and is still on my wish list.

I hate you!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Nice!!!
Now go get her dirty...pardner

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #4

You would really hate me Jack if I told you how much Linda paid for it.. I almost feel bad about taking it.... Is it stealing if they don't realize you stole it from them???

Old 09-12-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Most excellent!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

VERRRYYY nice shotty you got there. I love lever action rifles. lever action shotguns are even better. Whats the barrel length on that puppy?

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Scube, that is one of the coolest shotguns of all time. If I am ever in your area, I request the opportunity to shoot it.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #8

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts

She's a beauty, I didn't know anyone even MADE a lever-action shotgun! Be interested to know how she feeds.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #9

She has a 20" barrel and he wood is just beautiful as she has been a safe queen. My friend bought her last year on a whim and never even fired her she has just sat in the safe. I have run my snap caps through her and she seems a little rough on the cycling but I believe that will smooth out with use. Actually I sat here last night running my snap caps through a “few” times and she is not quite as smooth as butter now but she is getting there. I will take her to the range today and let y’all know if she likes to play, pictures of course.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Man, that's a real nice shotgun! You did good.

The real deal carried in a saddle scabbard on horseback by my cowboy uncle when he rode the cattle range up in Colorado back in the 1920's:

winchester_01.jpg

winchester_03.jpg

Bet you would of loved to get one of these Rossi beauties in .38 /.357 mag. back when I bought one for $182.50:

rossi_01.jpg

rossi_07.jpg

Shoots great!!!

Last edited by Snakedriver; 09-12-2010 at 03:48 PM.