Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > old shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default old shotgun

Ok guys I am back again with another gun that I need to find some info on. All I have is it says The Centinial Twist steel barel 1833.
then at the end of the stock it has the number 801 stamped into it.
On the piece of metal the forarm locks into it has the number 13 stamped in it .
On the barrel there is a number 6 then it says Pat. July 20, 1820
and the serial number 22389
It is a 12 ga side by side long barrel with the old rabbit ear hammers.
I do have a couple pics I am going to try and load. Some one told me it could of been imported but I have no clue it belong to my great grandfather so I know it is old.
There is also a picture engraved on the stock it is a man with a dog there is a bird laying next to the dog a a gun proped up against a tree I am trying to get a good enought pic of that to put up if I do I will post it later

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Nice old shotty but that's all I can tell you.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #3

Liked 7548 Times on 3284 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

well, it is later than 1820s mfg. The 12 g shell was created in the 1860s (before that, muzzleloaders).

Twist steel indicates a black powder shotgun, so likely prior to 1898. Do not recognize the name, but many of these WERE made in Belgium. Or at least barrels made there, assembled here.

Remove the forearm, take barrels off, look at the water table for marks. Use slanted lighting- hard to see.

Nice shotgun!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.