Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Old Ithica Model 37 Bead Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Old Ithica Model 37 Bead Thread

I have an old Ithaca Model 37. I have had it for about 25 years and love the gun. During my last trip to the range I lost my bead. So I thought I would order a replacement bead. It had a simple metal bead so as long as I had to replace it I thought I would get a TruGlo Fiber optic bead for a little better visability. I got a 6-48 because according to the package that’s what it said the Ithica used. It is defiantly too big for the hole. Anyone know what the older model ithica 37 thread should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks anyone for your time

Rick

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

#63 Front Sight Bead For VR Barrels 6/48 Thread Brass - $7.00 : Home of the Ithaca Gun Company
Weird, that is the size referenced on their website. I wonder if they would know what it was before the change, if you called them?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

Had the same problem and ended up taking the gun into my gunsmith and having him re-drill and tap for the fiber optic sight. He charged me twenty bucks and saved me a lot of screwing around. Well worth the money and I really like the sight.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #4

Sounds like a good idia I just have to find a new gun smith all the one I used to know in CA are gone and the guy I went to wanted to charge me $75 pluss the cost of the thread seemed to much. He also wanted me to replace my pistol grip with a full length stock befor eI brought it in even though law has no law agaist pistol grips on a pump action shotgun as long as the barrel and over the correct lenght and my ithaca has the full factory solid 7rnd tube make both the length of the barrel and overal length of the gun way over what is required.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #5

I got the same info from the ithaca site I will have to see if I can call them.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

Rick228

Any decent machinist could do the job for you. If you are at all handy you can do it yourself. The tap you will need isn’t that expensive and the whole job won’t take that much time. I have done it on one old gun that had a press in bead and it came out great. It did have a raised rib that made the job easier. Just make sure the post does not extend into the barrel. Use lock tight on the treads and you are home free. There is no way in hell that I would pay seventy-five bucks for a fifteen-minute job so see if someone on this forum can direct you to an honest smith in your area.

Walley