Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > OK, so I have this shotgun I know very little about....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1797 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

I believe this to be an Ithaca Flues Model Double Barrel Shotgun. According to the serial number it would have been produced in 1911-1912. It would have smokeless powder labeled on the left side of the left barrel. And Ithaca Gun Company and Ilion NY on the Left Side of the Receiver. It would be safe to shoot without a doubt if the upper and the lower are good and tight. If it is a little loose please put a couple of shells in it (Safely!) and see if it is tight. If so you are good to go! The estimated value of it with the stock and but pad modification mentioned is $450-$495. However sentimental values are more valuable when it comes from our loved ones! Then they are priceless!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2175 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrthWhytHype View Post
Just spoke with Ithaca. Said it was a Flues model made in 1912.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

I believe this to be an Ithaca Flues Model Double Barrel Shotgun. According to the serial number it would have been produced in 1911-1912. It would have smokeless powder labeled on the left side of the left barrel. And Ithaca Gun Company and Ilion NY on the Left Side of the Receiver. It would be safe to shoot without a doubt if the upper and the lower are good and tight. If it is a little loose please put a couple of shells in it (Safely!) and see if it is tight. If so you are good to go! The estimated value of it with the stock and but pad modification mentioned is $450-$495. However sentimental values are more valuable when it comes from our loved ones! Then they are priceless! 03
Thanks to both of you, for the great detail on manufacturing dates.
NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)