Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > OK, how many clay target shooters do we have here...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

for sure!! Perazzis are known for their world class trap guns. As well they should be, given their price tag!!!

Old 07-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

best way to buy an O/U is to find a good condition pre-owned Browning or Beretta. Many of mine are pre-owned. Amazing what's out there and at reasonable prices...

Old 07-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I´ve tried a Perazzi once, it wasn´t even set up for me but still shot like a dream but as you said, they´re mighty expensive. So I guess I´ll go with the Beretta if I can find one I can afford, I´ll have to check out the 2nd hand market also.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #14

I like trap and skeet, but sporting clays is my favorite. I find all of them a challenge and lot of fun. But the greatest challenge, to me any way, is the extreme variation that you find in sporting clays. I shoot 12ga, 16ga, and 28ga.

I used to hunt upland birds and waterfowl. However, I don't anymore. I just hunt clays. Funny, though, I still haven't found a decent recipe to prepare them!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I agree. My favorite without a doubt is sporting clays. Skeet second and trap third. I find 16 yard standard trap the easiest of the three. international trap, now that's a different matter, as is international skeet...

Old 08-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #16

I've done it several times and love shooting clays. I'm pretty sore after a morning of shooting. I don't have a sporting type shotgun so I always use my friends Browning 12ga o/u, and Barretta 20ga o/u.

I'm really looking for one of my own. I'm leaning, heavily towards a Rem. 11-87. I'd like to stay with an autoloader so it's more likely my wife would enjoy it, with a bit less punishing recoil. Now I just have to fine one or two.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #17

I shoot clays in the dark. With a fully moded saiga 12 with a weapon light, on instant pull with 200 lumens. Its great for quick dark target location practice.

Last edited by Gripsmeister; 08-06-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use to do it a lot when I was younger (every fourth of July off the back deck), but since then I haven't really done it too much should probably get back into it.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #19

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post
talking skeet, trap and sporting clays. I just joined this forum on my iPad as an application, but have been around the other forums for years. Most of my interests are revolve around buying, selling and collection high quality scatterguns. Been shooting sporting clays since 93. As you can see by my avatar what my favorite brand of shotgun is!!

So, how many clay target shooters do we have out there!?!
Trap shooter, used to run a BT 99 and a Browning O/U XT Gold but I sold them because I just don't have the time to take it seriously anymore. Nowadays I shoot a old 870T with GORGEOUS wood and a Winchester 1897 and my scores are still as high as they used to plus I get a lot of interesting looks at the range when I shoot the '97

My wife shoots a BT-99 Golden clays and she's deadly with it.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #20

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 67

trap and sporting clays shoot mostly berettas 686 and 687 cant say how many i have if my wife see"s this and i tell life will not be good