Official size of Rem 1100 gas oring?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Official size of Rem 1100 gas oring?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Official size of Rem 1100 gas oring?

I can find several web sources for new 1100 o-rings, but it seems to be a guarded secret as to what the actual size is supposed to be. I guess that is the only way they can get a buck or two for them. I just happen to work where quality o-rings are plentiful and cheap. They won't cost me anything if I know the correct size to use.

I took the new gas system oring off my Remington 1100 shotgun to work today. I used our o-ring measuring devices and came up with this...

The O-ring was measured out to be a size 0-22 with a durometer of 70-75. I am guessing the material to be Buna or Viton. Does anyone have any information to verify or disprove this information?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

You seem to have a bit of knowledge as to the size and type of gas seal O-ring. I have owned and shot 1100's for years, and still do. I have shot thousands of rounds and have only had two wearout or break.
All I have to do is call Remington, pay $7 and get a replacement guaranteed right size and spec material. Why pinch pennies? How many do you plan on wearing out?