Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Normal Wear?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Normal Wear?

Using a picture posted by another member.
I recently went looking at shotguns and decided on the Remington 870 Security from big 5. When i was examining the chamber i noticed marks/nicks located where the arrow points in this picture (This is not the exact shotgun, just using a refrence to show where i noticed the marks)

Now i havent been able to find any clear pictures of 870's chambers to see if its normal wear. However, in that picture it does seem like there might be some wear.

Just wanted to hear from some owners of the Remington to see if they too have some wear in that spot. My guess its from breech face slamming when pumping the shotgun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Go to the Introductions forum when you get time and tell us something about yourself.

Is this a new shotgun? Or used!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 87 Posts

Look like someone has possibly been shucking the action with no shells in it. When one does that the bolt could contact where your arrow is pointing.

What could have happened... did.