Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   No more pistol grip (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/no-more-pistol-grip-55936/)

plumbernater 01-20-2012 09:34 PM

No more pistol grip

Ive had a pistol grip on this mossberg 500 since it was gotten. I never did like to shoot it in that configuration much. I got this funiture off ebay and put on her today. I like this set up much better and it has the old WW1 trench gun look. But I guess im wondering if anyone else has gone away from the pistol grips on a shot gun? http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/l...ter/IMG135.jpg

gunny134 01-20-2012 10:18 PM

It looks awsome!!!!

Virginian 01-20-2012 11:53 PM

All the Hollywood chicks are sticking with the pistol grips and those deadly blanks to smoke bad guys with. And the people concerned with a badass image. Most of the rest of us folks are quite happy with a set up like yours.

Tackleberry1 01-21-2012 12:06 AM

Guess I'm too old school. To me, a pistol grip on a shotty is about as useful as a diet crouton.

Had 1 on my M4 for awhile but ditched it after my first trip to the range.

Just don't fine em useful and they make casing your weapon a pain in the aZz!

Your Mossy looks great in Trench Gun fashion.

Tack

plumbernater 01-21-2012 12:18 AM

Im old school my self. The gun in the picture came with the pistol grip on it. My wife got it for me that way a few birthdays ago. I just never liked it that way. I thought about the polimer stocks but couldnt warm up to that either. Run across this wood on ebay. won the bid for $46. It came today and I was like a kid couldnt wait to put it on. Im happy, Now to get a chance to get out a shoot something. Its been raining here

rigjumpr 01-21-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 683518)
Guess I'm too old school. To me, a pistol grip on a shorty is about as useful as a diet crouton.

Had 1 on my M4 for awhile but ditched it after my first trip to the range.

Just don't fine em useful and they make casing your weapon a pain in the aZz!

Your Mossy looks great in Trench Gun fashion.

Tack

I don't believe it's a question of old school Vs. new school or diet croutons. the "shorty" has it place,The size with pistol grip makes it portable when it is a secondary tool, a Special purpose, such as a master key.
just my view. nevertheless the OP is now happy and its all good....

Tackleberry1 01-21-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumbernater (Post 683525)
Im old school my self. The gun in the picture came with the pistol grip on it. My wife got it for me that way a few birthdays ago. I just never liked it that way. I thought about the polimer stocks but couldnt warm up to that either. Run across this wood on ebay. won the bid for $46. It came today and I was like a kid couldnt wait to put it on. Im happy, Now to get a chance to get out a shoot something. Its been raining here

Congrats on the bid! Tacti-Cool certainly has it's place. My AR is Tacti-cool all day long but hey, it's an AR a just can't help it.

There is just a real pure beauty to be found in the way form meets function on older gun designs of steel and wood.

Tack

Rick1967 01-21-2012 04:50 AM

I have a mossberg 500 that I put a pistol grip on myself. It is not fun to shoot. But it is not for skeet. I have it because it is good in close quarters.

Yours looks nice though.

Tackleberry1 01-25-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigjumpr (Post 683566)
I don't believe it's a question of old school Vs. new school or diet croutons. the "shorty" has it place,The size with pistol grip makes it portable when it is a secondary tool, a Special purpose, such as a master key.
just my view. nevertheless the OP is now happy and its all good....

Rigjumper
I agree and actually missunderstood the op. I thought he meant "forward" pistol grip which I've seen on shot guns and STILL think are goofy but the utility of the rear pistol grip, especially for a back up pack gun in undeniable.

My mossy 500 is a rear pistol grip for exactly this purpose but I must admit, though functional, it looks like poopy compared to my full stocked 870.

Tack

jjfuller1 01-25-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 689223)
Rigjumper
I agree and actually missunderstood the op. I thought he meant "forward" pistol grip which I've seen on shot guns and STILL think are goofy but the utility of the rear pistol grip, especially for a back up pack gun in undeniable.

My mossy 500 is a rear pistol grip for exactly this purpose but I must admit, though functional, it looks like poopy compared to my full stocked 870.

Tack

i almost chimed in with sarcasim but i see you found your confusion. hehe