Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New To sporting clays...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapis View Post
Thanks to all for your responses. This was my first time shooting sporting clays/skeet/trap of any kind. Absolutely loved it. Being able to jump right in with the 1100 will make this much easier on my wallet as I don't want to rent every time and I refuse to buy a cheap o/u. Shot 59/100 (not sure how good that is, but I was shocked I hit that many) on Lehigh Valley sporting clays (in PA) intermediate course. Think I might take a lesson or two. I don't want to ingrain any bad habits that I may have.
I shoot there about once a month. I'm down in Harrisburg. I'd love to get together with you there. Great place for all shooters, from beginners to advanced. Shoot me a PM if we can do it on this site...

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapis View Post
Thanks to all for your responses. This was my first time shooting sporting clays/skeet/trap of any kind. Absolutely loved it. Being able to jump right in with the 1100 will make this much easier on my wallet as I don't want to rent every time and I refuse to buy a cheap o/u. Shot 59/100 (not sure how good that is, but I was shocked I hit that many) on Lehigh Valley sporting clays (in PA) intermediate course. Think I might take a lesson or two. I don't want to ingrain any bad habits that I may have.
59/100 is a very good score the first time out !keep shooting score will go up and down depending on the targets but he most important thing is have fun! i shoot most of my clays trap with beretta 680 series but .410 i use a 1100 LT i will not buy a cheep o/u either