New Shotgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_A7X View Post
Golly Art, you didn't have to do that. But thanks a lot!
Hold the thanks for the results!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
Hold the thanks for the results!
I guess I'm not thankful then

If you can't be safe, be deadly.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #23

That is not what I meant, I'm saying wait till we have something to celebrate. I don't want you to get bad news and feel obligated, I just sat here and sent an email, lets see what comes out of it! Just relax Seth you're doing fine.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
That is not what I meant, I'm saying wait till we have something to celebrate. I don't want you to get bad news and feel obligated, I just sat here and sent an email, lets see what comes out of it! Just relax Seth you're doing fine.
Alright, but thanks anyways. I didn't expect you do to that.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_A7X
Alright, but thanks anyways. I didn't expect you do to that.
That is what Forums are all about( at least to me, and I Ran BBS' services on a Commodore 128 with 4 phone lines and 1 MEG of RAM and A 40 Meg HD!! (Before you were born I'm sure) Helping each other out, no matter if it's computer related or shooting sports.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
artbrownsr Likes This 
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #26

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

Love good auto loader shotguns. They shoot softer than a pump and are every bit as reliable. Take a look at the Winchester SX3. The models with synthetic stocks are less expensive than wood and use the same action as the more expensive models.

The SX3 is a very good gun, uses Invector Plus chokes. Here's one listed on Gunbroker. They come with cast/drop shims and length of pull spacers so you can somewhat tailor the fit to your preference.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #27

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_A7X View Post
Right now I have an 870 in 20 gauge. I'm looking at the Mossberg 930 SPX 12 gauge though. I only hear good thinks about it.
Houston gun show has the Mossberg 930 SPX for $549.00, then I added a few adjustments.

forumrunner_20131106_171520.jpg

Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Seth,

I have a Mossberg 930 only mine is the Turkey Model in Camo but it is a nice shotgun. As one previously has mentioned, you might look around and find a good used Model 1100 Remington. You can usually find a used one that is like or close to in new condition. Many people buy one and then never use it or use it very little. They are also great guns for shooting skeet, trap and sporting clays. Barrels are available for them at a fair price even used barrels. Never rule out a good used gun. Some of them were built better than some of the new stuff out there. Just a thought!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

artbrownsr Likes This 
Old 11-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #29

Never rule out a good used gun. Some of them were built better than some of the new stuff out there. Just a thought!
Sniper03, True words, sometimes you find one that needs some TLC . Just give it a loving home, feed it, groom it and feed it some more.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez
Houston gun show has the Mossberg 930 SPX for $549.00, then I added a few adjustments.
That's a nice gun