New Shotgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Local gun store
Alright thanks.

If you can't be safe, be deadly.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_A7X View Post
Alright thanks.
You're Welcome. There are many more to learn.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Seth. I recently Sold My 870-20 that I had since the Age of 13. My friend's Wife will get more use out of it right now.
You can Get Any Mossberg with the "Flex" system, and even without the swappable stocks, you can get the different barrels and chokes to do what you need...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Seth. I recently Sold My 870-20 that I had since the Age of 13. My friend's Wife will get more use out of it right now. You can Get Any Mossberg with the "Flex" system, and even without the swappable stocks, you can get the different barrels and chokes to do what you need...
I figured as much, just like any other shotgun, but I wasn't sure. Thanks

Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #15

Liked 224 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Welcome to the forum Seth. When you get a minute stop by the introductions thread, and Introduce yourself.

I myself am not too big on autoloaders, so about all I can come up with on them is check into a Mossberg 930 or a Remington 11-87. Both are within your price range, and both are reliable shotguns. As far as a pump for under 1K there are several options out there. If you are willing to go used look for an older Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 at the bottom end of the scale (Money wise, not quality wise) or a Benelii Nova or Browning BPS at the upper end. Many excellent options out there for under $1,000.

Hope this helps.
+1 on the not a fan of autoloaders, I own 2 870's and my grandson has a Mossberg
I just saw a brand new 870 in wood for $337 at Wally World in Anchorage Alaska, along side a Mossberg 500 Combo ( 24 inch and 18.5 inch barrels) for around $400.
Also check Pawn shops and local gun shops.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #16

Quote:
One if my friends has one. It is out of place but it surprisingly fits me better than my 870 (Small framed guy, I'm 15)
870's are available in youth size also check all the sporting goods store s ( First you might go to Rem. & Mossberg websites to see what picks your interest in youth models ) They don't shoot any less strong, they just might fit you better.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

Old 11-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
870's are available in youth size also check all the sporting goods store s ( First you might go to Rem. & Mossberg websites to see what picks your interest in youth models ) They don't shoot any less strong, they just might fit you better.
The 870 that I have is a youth model. The barrel is a bit too long though. I saw a smaller barrel at my LGS but it was pretty expensive

Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #18

Quote:
The 870 that I have is a youth model. The barrel is a bit too long though. I saw a smaller barrel at my LGS but it was pretty expensive
I went to the Rmington site and their contact page, this is what I sent them, I'll give you the response when I get it.
Sir(s),
I have a young man in my acquaintance that has a youth model 870
he feels the barrel is still a little long for his handling. Does the youth model use / accept any or all the barrels that are available for the other 870 models ( the Home defense for instance (18 inch) or tactical), as long as it is legal length and can be handled well by very slight built persons. Thanks, Art Brown Sr

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 796

The mossberg 500 combo is under $350 in the lower 48. If I had $1000 to spend and liked a semi auto I would look at a benelli. Guys I duck hunt with love the benelli. I have never seen one malfunction. The only downside to a benelli is barrels are pricey. They are almost as bad as a boat, break out another thousand. They don't kill more ducks than any other gun and a citori is much better for sporting clays.

You might want to consider a mossberg for hunting. Save the rest of your money for a used citori or whatever gun you really want to shoot sporting clays.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 11-04-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
I went to the Rmington site and their contact page, this is what I sent them, I'll give you the response when I get it. Sir(s), I have a young man in my acquaintance that has a youth model 870 he feels the barrel is still a little long for his handling. Does the youth model use / accept any or all the barrels that are available for the other 870 models ( the Home defense for instance (18 inch) or tactical), as long as it is legal length and can be handled well by very slight built persons. Thanks, Art Brown Sr
Golly Art, you didn't have to do that. But thanks a lot!