New Semi Shotgun Suggestions - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

New Semi Shotgun Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 142 Posts

Thank heavens for this post. Now I will be able to give knowledgeable input when asked about a good rabbit gun.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #42

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
Thank heavens for this post. Now I will be able to give knowledgeable input when asked about a good rabbit gun.
Heck, you and I both know he has a great rabbit gun already. We both have been in situations were game was everywhere with a gun that was plugged to 3 shots. Yet your gun never got empty. It was a stupid thread to start off with. The fact that the thread went off course might have solved his issues for free.

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #43

Liked 1321 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Heck, you and I both know he has a great rabbit gun already. We both have been in situations were game was everywhere with a gun that was plugged to 3 shots. Yet your gun never got empty. It was a stupid thread to start off with. The fact that the thread went off course might have solved his issues for free.
I have been in dove shoots where my gun barrel got hot enough to blister a finger if I touched it, but for some reason if I kept both hands on the gun so I could aim, I ran out of shells if I kept pulling the trigger. Seems to happen to me frequently when I am shooting at pheasant, too.

Shoot once or twice, get a break and reload yep I can do that. Shoot accurately, as fast as I can aim and squeeze the trigger on my Montefeltro without running out, not gonna happen for me. Heck, I bet if I tried to feed a shell into the magazine while firing the elevator gizmo would pinch my finger and jam up.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #44

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

I say get a Benelli SBE II. I have one and I love it.

My best friend was shopping with me when I picked the SBE II over the Beretta Xtremma. He picked the Xtremma and the reason we picked what we did was based on how it felt when we held it. He is a pretty big guy and he liked how the Xtremma had a longer forward grip.

That being said, go somewhere you and hold them and see what fits you best. A lot of the higher end shotguns will come with spacers that allow you to modify the drop and cant to your liking.