New Semi Shotgun Suggestions - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New Semi Shotgun Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts

Wow allot of hate on the saiga!!!!

I owned a 930 mossberg it was good but nothing compared at all to the saigas.

To my knowledge there is not a semi shotgun that compares to the saiga 12.

Beta mags, 100's of custom after market parts, gas piston operated, Russian built, quick mag reloads, built on an ak style frame, same reliably factor of the ak and so on.

Now as far as target shooting I'm sure there are better but for protection or war I don't think any come close.

image-2736774598.jpg  

Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #22

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Wow allot of hate on the saiga!!!!

I owned a 930 mossberg it was good but nothing compared at all to the saigas.

To my knowledge there is not a semi shotgun that compares to the saiga 12.

Beta mags, 100's of custom after market parts, gas piston operated, Russian built, quick mag reloads, built on an ak style frame, same reliably factor of the ak and so on.

Now as far as target shooting I'm sure there are better but for protection or war I don't think any come close.
I fail to understand your logic. When hunting doves the law limits hunters to a three shot magazine. In a good field you have birds flying all the time. Yet my pump shotgun never is empty. When I shoot a shot I reload. I don't wait until the gun is empty. I can reload a Mossberg 500 before you get the magazine detached from the Saiga. Another plus is anyone can learn to reload a tube magazine on the move. It's not so simple with a detachable magazine.

In a race to fire 100 rounds at random targets (like IDPA) I can beat any Saiga with my Maverick 88. Weighed down by heavy ammo and all those heavy magazines a Recon Ranger would be out of breath. I really doubt anyone posting in this thread is in the same physical shape as a Recon Ranger. Buying a gun will not make up for the lack of skill.

It's really simple, I can start off with 9 shots in the Maverick 88. While I am moving to the next target I reload. I don't wait until the gun is empty. Since my Maverick with fire both 2 3/4" and 3" shells with out a hitch I can get an extra shot in the magazine.

The Saiga is super versatile. If you try to practice with target loads all you get is jam clearing practice. The ghost rings make it super easy to acquire moving targets. Yah, right!

One last point, the AK platform is designed to fire a 7.62x39 cartridge. Not a shotgun shell. I don't buy Mossberg rifles and I don't buy Kalashnikov shotguns. Both build an excellent product, Mossberg, the 500, Kalashnikov, the AK-47. I buy what a gun maker builds best.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #23

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

My saiga never jams on target loads, even the cheap AA Walmart brand stuff.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, most Americans just go by what they've heard about Russian weapons but have never shot one. They might not be as pretty as an M4, but they do what they were designed for. And I'm American. Some people just can't get over the bad guy image of the AK.

Later,

Cracker7

Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
My saiga never jams on target loads, even the cheap AA Walmart brand stuff.
Winchester AA is the finest target load money can buy. I would hope a Saiga doesn't hang up on AA ammo. Your words show your knowledge.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #26

Okay this is gonna turn into a weapon racist argument.

1) I'm sure I'm in just as good shape as any special forces operator. For that I do run and work out and I'm not some lazy fat American who watches tv, eats potato chips and drinks bud all day.

2) there is no way you can reload a tube feed shotgun as fast as a child with a saiga shotgun.

3) you've probably never shot or touched a saiga.

4) I'm sure there are allot better shotguns out there for hunting but if I had to choose one to go to war with it would be a converted saiga 12.

5) The saiga wasn't built to be a hunting weapon but to go to war with and be a tool.

6) being built on the ak frame I guarantee you if will take more abuse than any other!!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #27

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/QB1o2isrCDI
That's pretty nice!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker View Post
Okay this is gonna turn into a weapon racist argument.

1) I'm sure I'm in just as good shape as any special forces operator. For that I do run and work out and I'm not some lazy fat American who watches tv, eats potato chips and drinks bud all day.

2) there is no way you can reload a tube feed shotgun as fast as a child with a saiga shotgun.

3) you've probably never shot or touched a saiga.

4) I'm sure there are allot better shotguns out there for hunting but if I had to choose one to go to war with it would be a converted saiga 12.

5) The saiga wasn't built to be a hunting weapon but to go to war with and be a tool.

6) being built on the ak frame I guarantee you if will take more abuse than any other!!
Instead of embedding a youtube video put your money where your mouth is. The 2012 IDPA championship course is about 20 miles from here. Bring your Saiga and one magazine. I will shoot a Maverick 88. Time and accuracy count. Make it light on yourself. I have COPD and can't run 50 yards. We can shoot the course on any given Saturday. I am not super wealthy but I can make it worth your airfare.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #29

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow

Instead of embedding a youtube video put your money where your mouth is. The 2012 IDPA championship course is about 20 miles from here. Bring your Saiga and one magazine. I will shoot a Maverick 88. Time and accuracy count. Make it light on yourself. I have COPD and can't run 50 yards. We can shoot the course on any given Saturday. I am not super wealthy but I can make it worth your airfare.
First off. AA ammonia NOT the finest ammo out there. Lol!
Now you're saying to bring ONE magazine??? Meaning he has to stop and load a magazine, instead of a tube? Gotta call it on this.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
First off. AA ammonia NOT the finest ammo out there. Lol!
Now you're saying to bring ONE magazine??? Meaning he has to stop and load a magazine, instead of a tube? Gotta call it on this.
ammonia?