NEW GUY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!(choosing the right shotgun) - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > NEW GUY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!(choosing the right shotgun)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Well ya know you haven't given really any of us reason to want help you other than the generosity of our souls.

I didn't wanna say anything because you're young and we're on the internet, but I personally don't like it when young people call others who are obviously decades older things like "man" and whatnot. As a Marine, I'd prolly get punched in the mouth if I called one of my Seniors "man."

DrFootball has an excellent point in his below post, talking about respect. Learn it, and use it always. Life is easier in every regard when you're polite and respectful.

And while I'm giving my un-asked-for opinions, you're not showing your mother a lot of respect by essentially arguing with her wants and recruiting random people on the internets to try to dissuade her.
I completely agree. I called him man because hes the same age as me. But calling a teacher or
parent or someone over maybe 10
years older than me "man" or "bro" seems disrespectful.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #82

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman598 View Post

I completely agree. I called him man because hes the same age as me. But calling a teacher or
parent or someone over maybe 10
years older than me "man" or "bro" seems disrespectful.
As a suggestion age doesn't matter. you sir or ma'am them or you dont talk at all

Last edited by kiabe1; 12-13-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #83

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1

As a suggestion age doesn't matter. you sir or ma'am them or you dont talk at all
Yes ma'am

Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #84

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman598 View Post

Yes ma'am
Lol .

Old 12-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

What you can do is get some firearms training. This a good course for beginners and the instructors do have loaner rifles. http://appleseedinfo.org/

After you do Appleseed you can do hunters safety for free or very low cost.

Right now you have to think baby steps.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-13-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #86
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5650 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by E7018Dan View Post
I have a feeling this is going to get closed soon. Lol
Yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions again. But i think im just going to let it be for now...-chad
That's wise.

Respect your mother's wishes. When you reach 18 your an adult and can make your own life choices and folks here will be more than willing to help with your hunting pursuits. I hope that you understand that I'm not out to get you but hopefully you understand that respect for your parents is more important than your personal desires for the next two years.

Go hug your mom. When your my age you will wish hadthat oppurtunity more than you know.

For now thread closed

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #87

Liked 706 Times on 551 Posts

it is? try again!
============

but as a last word...instead of asking your mom for a gun, why not ask her for a vacation WITH HER. not to buy a gun, but to meet people and watch how guns are suppose to be used properly. let your mom try too. im personally inviting you and your parents to come to my place so you can watch how absolute beginners learn how to handle shotguns. it will be in april, so theres plenty of time to plan. come on out, hang out, and i can guarentee you while under your moms authority and mine, you are more than welcome to try anything on my range and participate. we will be watching you like a hawk and making sure you learn properly. i dont know when your birthday is, but that might be a way to ask your mom with respect for something nice. and pitch in. go get a part time job, shovel snow, deliver papers, wash cars, flip burgers, get straight a's in school...just show youre mom your serious and maybe then youll get somewhere.
click my link to the upcoming shoot. read up. check out the pics in the gallery. click my profile, visit my website, click the write ups for the shops/ranges in mo up top.
my place is one of the most relaxing places on earth. your mom may need that more than you.
good luck.
the tribe has spoken.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by bobski; 12-13-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #88

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
it is? try again!
============

but as a last word...instead of asking your mom for a gun, why not ask her for a vacation WITH HER. not to buy a gun, but to meet people and watch how guns are suppose to be used properly. let your mom try too. im personally inviting you and your parents to come to my place so you can watch how absolute beginners learn how to handle shotguns. it will be in april, so theres plenty of time to plan. come on out, hang out, and i can guarentee you while under your moms authority and mine, you are more than welcome to try anything on my range and participate. we will be watching you like a hawk and making sure you learn properly. i dont know when your birthday is, but that might be a way to ask your mom with respect for something nice. and pitch in. go get a part time job, shovel snow, deliver papers, wash cars, flip burgers, get straight a's in school...just show youre mom your serious and maybe then youll get somewhere.
click my link to the upcoming shoot. read up. check out the pics in the gallery. click my profile, visit my website, click the write ups for the shops/ranges in mo up top.
my place is one of the most relaxing places on earth. your mom may need that more than you.
good luck.
the tribe has spoken.
I really appreciate the offer but I'm going to have to respectfully decline...I'm really thankful for all the advice you've given me and I just wanted you to know that. You seem like a swell guy! I have some personal reasons of why I can't come by I do really appreciate the offer. Thanks for everything
-Chad