Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > NEW GUY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!(choosing the right shotgun)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Your asking for help trying to bypass the rules and wishes of your legal guardian. I see that as no different than bypassing the law. Please cease and desist in this effort. Your free to discuss firearms here but not to use this forum in aiding you to end run your parents.
Im not. My mom is perfectly fine with me having a gun! Im just trying to get some help to convince her that hunting is ok! She does NOT disaprove of guns she just not a fan of the hunting part of it! Shes an animal lover

Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #72

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

You gotta relax a little bit man. Your making us minors look bad.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #73

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman598
You gotta relax a little bit man. Your making us minors look bad.
Ha im good bro its just that jonM guy hes been negative on all my threads and even closed one of them for no reason.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #74
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman
Ha im good bro its just that jonM guy hes been negative on all my threads and even closed one of them for no reason.
He's a Moderator, if he closed a thread of yours he had a good reason. Respect will go a long way. A lesson I learned right around the time I was your age. Think about it for a bit. In our own way we're all trying to be helpful to you. I have been exactly where you are...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 12-12-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #75

Liked 646 Times on 510 Posts

is this a parenting forum or a shotgun forum?
first shes for you getting a gun.
then after looking at these posts, shes not.
now its only because she hates hunting.
now you want us to change her mind.

i say this out of concern. i have no enemies on this website and dont want any. i want you to understand this. im not out to hang you. i just want you to listen.

we cant do your homework. you do it. hows that? serious young man...in time, youll understand what we are suggesting. in the meantime...save your cash and by the time you can tell your mom to pack sand and leave....youll have some money to get a rent, and fill it full of guns. just remember to get a job, a car, and some furniture first. good luck.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by bobski; 12-12-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlman View Post

Well ya know you haven't given really any of us reason to want help you other than the generosity of our souls.

I didn't wanna say anything because you're young and we're on the internet, but I personally don't like it when young people call others who are obviously decades older things like "man" and whatnot. As a Marine, I'd prolly get punched in the mouth if I called one of my Seniors "man."

DrFootball has an excellent point in his below post, talking about respect. Learn it, and use it always. Life is easier in every regard when you're polite and respectful.

And while I'm giving my un-asked-for opinions, you're not showing your mother a lot of respect by essentially arguing with her wants and recruiting random people on the internets to try to dissuade her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
He's a Moderator, if he closed a thread of yours he had a good reason. Respect will go a long way. A lesson I learned right around the time I was your age. Think about it for a bit. In our own way we're all trying to be helpful to you. I have been exactly where you are...

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #77

Liked 646 Times on 510 Posts

i know what he needs more than shotgun,
one knife one fork one spoon, duty turn key!!

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #78
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2787 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 560

That's because JW, you Bobski, and myself are among some folks here who have some deep life experiences that Chadlman has yet to have. I don't feel I'm being a "Jerk" or "Mean " to him, I'm trying to give him ( as we all are, I think ) the benefit of our experiences. He "Asked" for help. It might not be what he was expecting, but I have worked with folks his age for a long time and I am sincere in wanting a successful outcome. I personally think he should be thinking 22 before a shotgun but that's me. I never did say " He's too young" or anything of the sort. But at the end of the day, until he's is considered an adult, it's out of his hands...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #79

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts

I have a feeling this is going to get closed soon. Lol

Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #80

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions again. But i think im just going to let it be for now...-chad