Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New England firearms Pardner Model 12g. Issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I seriously think the carrier is just gunked up cause when i clear the gun the carrier stays up a little and when i push it down its real grimey n takes some force im no gunsmith by any means so im wondering can i fix this myself. I dont know alot about guns but i am mechanically skilled and probably have the tools i need to fix it but just need direction

Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #42

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbean43
I seriously think the carrier is just gunked up cause when i clear the gun the carrier stays up a little and when i push it down its real grimey n takes some force im no gunsmith by any means so im wondering can i fix this myself. I dont know alot about guns but i am mechanically skilled and probably have the tools i need to fix it but just need direction
Buy a can of clp or some such foaming cleaner. They use am air wand and compressor if you have one to blow all the crap out the bottom/loading gate.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerpump.asp

Here is a link to the model that you have. It has many variations on it but just find yours then view the owners manual (its on the same link). That is weird that It is semi new(out of the box) and it would have issues. Have you taken it apart before? Are you sure you didn't over tighten a screw that holds it in place? It side ejects the shell not bottom eject right? They shouldn't be dropping at all. They should be sliding straight back and clipping the ejector then popping out. Make sure your ejector isn't bent or stuck. Please let me know if I can help any more.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That link will help you. Make sure that nothing is "over tightened." some people make this mistake and it holds things still. Also, give it a general cleaning. Taking apart a shotgun is very simple and you don't really need tools if you are just generally taking it apart. Not like EVERYTHING. Just take your time and don't force anything.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #45

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the reply i still have the manual. Ive taken it apart about a half a dozen times and I've never touched any screws on the carrieris or trigger assembly. I wont have time to look at it until next week so i'll give an update when i get a chance. I think just a good cleaning is all it needs

Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yessir. Keep us updated and we will help the best we can.