Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New England firearms Pardner Model 12g. Issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx
I took my pardner model 12g. single shot to the range and put a shell in it and fired it. I then proceeded to eject the spent shell and it didn't eject. It didn't kick out of the barrel at all. It was like it was stuck in it. I had to pop it out by shoving my cleaning rod down the chamber. I tried it again and the same thing happened. At this point I was highly upset. I came home and tried to research the issue and found out that some people had problems with their guns not ejecting the shell do to what they thought low end shells expand in the chamber not evenly which gets them stuck. Personally, I took the gun apart and the ejector spring had a slight(and I mean slight) bend in it. I feel that maybe if I purchased a new spring for the ejector it may fix the issue. Has anyone had similar problems or any smiths fixed the problems? Thanks in advance.
I had a Rossi single shot....same thing happened with me...I spent all day with a cleaning rod. I was upset but took it home cleaned her (again) and sprayed a little extra oil in the extractor...haven't had a problem since. I gave it to a buddy of mine but I miss it. I thought everything was broken but just a lil oil goes a long way.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry View Post
I had a Rossi single shot....same thing happened with me...I spent all day with a cleaning rod. I was upset but took it home cleaned her (again) and sprayed a little extra oil in the extractor...haven't had a problem since. I gave it to a buddy of mine but I miss it. I thought everything was broken but just a lil oil goes a long way.
I will be sure to oil it and maybe rub down the chamber where the shell sits before I go to the range Wednesday. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Took everyones advice and cleaned out the chamber where the shell sits, lubed up the ejector and wiped it down then reoiled it some more for the easier slide. Took it to the range today and it worked <3 thank you all again.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8312 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

There is a difference between failure to EXTRACT, and failure to EJECT a round that was extracted. As the guys have said, you MAY have a dirty chamber. Scrub the daylights out of it, wipe it down good, light coat of CLP, and try again. Also see that the extractor is not gunked up.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I guess you missed my last post c3. I ended up scrubbing and chamber where the shell sits and I oiled/wiped/oiled the ejector and I took it to the range yesterday and everything worked. Thanks for the info though.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #26

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I guess you missed my last post c3. I ended up scrubbing and chamber where the shell sits and I oiled/wiped/oiled the ejector and I took it to the range yesterday and everything worked. Thanks for the info though.
Cut the dirty OLD man some slack.....his hearing aid is in the shop along w his and MY crystal ball. Speaking of which have they ever said when you will be able to get my ball back to me?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Is c3 a smith?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Is c3 a smith?
As a hobby I think he is a smith but as a job? Nope don't think so.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Dang. I was going to take him my business since there is like no one around here. Oh well.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Dang. I was going to take him my business since there is like no one around here. Oh well.
If you lived closer to me I'd do it for you