New England firearms Pardner Model 12g. Issues.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > New England firearms Pardner Model 12g. Issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default New England firearms Pardner Model 12g. Issues.

I took my pardner model 12g. single shot to the range and put a shell in it and fired it. I then proceeded to eject the spent shell and it didn't eject. It didn't kick out of the barrel at all. It was like it was stuck in it. I had to pop it out by shoving my cleaning rod down the chamber. I tried it again and the same thing happened. At this point I was highly upset. I came home and tried to research the issue and found out that some people had problems with their guns not ejecting the shell do to what they thought low end shells expand in the chamber not evenly which gets them stuck. Personally, I took the gun apart and the ejector spring had a slight(and I mean slight) bend in it. I feel that maybe if I purchased a new spring for the ejector it may fix the issue. Has anyone had similar problems or any smiths fixed the problems? Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx
I took my pardner model 12g. single shot to the range and put a shell in it and fired it. I then proceeded to eject the spent shell and it didn't eject. It didn't kick out of the barrel at all. It was like it was stuck in it. I had to pop it out by shoving my cleaning rod down the chamber. I tried it again and the same thing happened. At this point I was highly upset. I came home and tried to research the issue and found out that some people had problems with their guns not ejecting the shell do to what they thought low end shells expand in the chamber not evenly which gets them stuck. Personally, I took the gun apart and the ejector spring had a slight(and I mean slight) bend in it. I feel that maybe if I purchased a new spring for the ejector it may fix the issue. Has anyone had similar problems or any smiths fixed the problems? Thanks in advance.
I heat straightened one w a ⅛ ounce sinker and pencil torch but I wouldn't advise doing that wo proper training in smithin. I did it for a guy out of sentimental reasons.

Last edited by Marlinman; 06-08-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I heat straightened one w a ⅛ ounce sinker and pencil torch bit I wouldn't advise doing that wo prose training in smithin. I did it for a guy out of sentimental reasons.
Yeah, I was definitely not going to try it on my own but thank you for instructing that specifically. I was just wondering if I should either get a spring or take it to a smith around here and have them see what they could do with it. Roughly how much would that cost? I know all smiths are different but what would you charge for it?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #4

I'd charge $20 labor plus whatever the ejector rail spring cost. Be alot cheaper and easier to order it from midway or some such place and do it yourself though.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I'd charge $20 labor plus whatever the ejector rail spring cost. Be alot cheaper and easier to order it from midway or some such place and do it yourself though.
I meant how much did you charge the guy you did it for to do all that stuff you said you did. The spring is easy to replace. I have tried to mess with it plenty of times trying to see if anything was being caught or pinched or whatever stopping it from sliding the ejector back but no luck

Old 06-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

When you close & open it with no shell in it does it go ping, what I am trying to say does the ejector snap out ? If so will it bring a loaded shell clear out of the chamber ? If so try cleaning the chamber with a powered wire brush. I bet it will help...............If not, replace the spring.

When all else fails.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
When you close & open it with no shell in it does it go ping, what I am trying to say does the ejector snap out ? If so will it bring a loaded shell clear out of the chamber ? If so try cleaning the chamber with a powered wire brush. I bet it will help...............If not, replace the spring.
The ejector does snap out when there is nothing in it and I open it. It also ejects properly with a shell in the chamber. It is just after the shell is spent then it will no long eject or even back out a little bit to where I can hand pull the spent shell out.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx

I meant how much did you charge the guy you did it for to do all that stuff you said you did. The spring is easy to replace. I have tried to mess with it plenty of times trying to see if anything was being caught or pinched or whatever stopping it from sliding the ejector back but no luck
I charged him $30 to do it. Clean the piss out of it w a wire cone wheel and some pb blaster or hoppes #9 and you should be good

Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I charged him $30 to do it. Clean the piss out of it w a wire cone wheel and some pb blaster or hoppes #9 and you should be good
Ok thanks for the info. I was going to do this but I didn't know if it would make a difference or not.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #10

It will mon ami