NEED INFO on Helice Tribloc "MP" 12ga sxs (french)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > NEED INFO on Helice Tribloc "MP" 12ga sxs (french)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default NEED INFO on Helice Tribloc "MP" 12ga sxs (french)

Im trying to sell a french made shotgun, made in st. etienne, france. Im from iowa and im having a hard time selling it as noone knows what it is and never heard of it. If there is someone out there that has one similar to what i have and has a fair market value that would be great. ive spoke with gunsmiths from 5 different states, none of which have a clue about the gun. here is what i know

Helice Tribloc MP (engraved on thunder bolt)
Proof marks include PT w/crown as well has crown with crossing broom sticks?
barrel has the number 65 on each barrel meaning 65mm (2 1/2) and also stamped 18.2 on each barrel.
Each barrel says Canon Philippon
also has acier special on each barrel.

i have attached a picture of the top of the gun with the most engraving, i have found a few helice tribloc's none of which have this design.

I have seen on a web page that rather then paying employees with currency they paid them with gun parts so its quite possible this is a one off firearm. I HAVE NO IDEA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS MUCH INFO AS I COULD, WOULD ALSO LIKE A ROUND ABOUT VALUE ON THE GUN, at this point it could be worth $100-$1millon who know.....

any and all info would be great. i can be reached at 515-250-3031 between 8am-9pm central standard time!! thanks,
Jeremy

ww2-006.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I forewarded this information to a friend that is "in to" European double guns. Here is his response to me:

Marcel Philippon started producing in 1933 and his son also called Marcel took over until he died in 1964, beeing only 50 y.o.
Quite good traditionnal guns from St Etienne: hammerless, Purdey type... and one called 'Hélice tribloc'. Pigeon gun , I 'll have to check my blue book for value. This same one shows up on criag's list in de Moines

I hope this helps.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #3

that would be great if you could find me the blue book value, the one listed on craigslist in des moines is the one i have. i tried selling it about a month ago on craigslist, no interest as noone around here knows what it is. thank you so much!! looking forward to the value the gentleman im selling for would like to know more then me...lol if you want feel free to email me directly at jeremy.lathrop@yahoo.com thanks again

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9148 Times on 3950 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Forget craigslist- you are dealing with heathens that will trash your ad. That is not an everyday shotgun, and needs to be sold on a gun site, such as auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com, or gunsamerica.com. FWIW, I think "Helice" referes to the spring system used on the Phillipon shotguns.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #5

oh i know craigslist is a joke. i have decided to hang on to it until i find out more information on it. I will be contacting Sean Rich. Many of you probably know who he is if you watch Pawn Stars. he is there gun expert. it cost $25 to have a full detail and appraisal done. well worth the money i think, and if they cant give you the info you need or want, you get a refund.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #6

Default value

Did you get a value on that gun yet? I have one, but unfortunately the stock is not original. I have searched the internet forever trying to find something out about these guns. they seem to be really solid.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #7

I have not figured out a price on the firearm. i have had no luck on the internet locating any info what so ever.