Need help with re-assembly

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Need help with re-assembly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need help with re-assembly

Hey guys,
I have a old Stevens Model 94H single-shot 410 ga that I'm trying to reassemble. The only think I have trouble with is putting the mainspring plunger back in. Are there any tricks to this? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #2

Do you have a diagram? Stevens parts and support are no longer available through Savage Arms. Diagrams, parts, and support are offered through Numrich Gun Parts Corp. Customer Service: (845) 679-4867 Toll-Free: 866-NUMRICH Also, maybe if you posted your question in the Gunsmithing Section of this board you may get more help. Please don't take this wrong...there's no value to these shotguns and no collector's interest either. Good Luck-

Last edited by UnderFire; 03-09-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: misspelling

Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Not familiar with the gun but here is a schematic link

94H

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Not familiar with the gun but here is a schematic link
I've seen them, shouldered them, but never been inside one.
Stevens had their day back in the 50's. The model 94 came in different
gauges. The letter suffix at the end of the model number identified the gauge.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #5

Thanks guys. I got it back together after alot of trial and error. I know the gun isn't really worth anything, but my grandfather has had it since the 60s and it means alot to him. It was beginning to get hard to breach open and it was showing alot of surface rust. I restained the stock, stripped and reblued the barrel and receiver and oiled it up good. I think he's gonna be really proud when I take it back to him this weekend. Thanks again.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie View Post
I know the gun isn't really worth anything, but my grandfather has had it since the 60s and it means alot to him. I think he's gonna be really proud when I take it back to him this weekend. Thanks again.
That means the gun is priceless.
Glad to hear you got it back together.
yeah, your grandfather is going to love it!!