Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Need Help With Mounting Sling A Recoil Reduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Need Help With Mounting Sling and Recoil Reduction

I bought the Interstate Arms Hawk Model 982 (Rem 870) shotgun along with the ProMag Grip & Stock Set and the BlackHawk Two Point Sling. It looks like the stock has a sling mount on it but how do I mount the barrel end? Here are the accessories for the 870 and it list different mounts. (Also a few mounts here.) What's the best way to mount it?

Also anything that may help reduce recoil such as a buffer or maybe even a better pad that would fit this stock (kinda wish I would've got this and a rail and grip for the front instead... still may if I can find them). Thanks!

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Last edited by ryevick; 07-04-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

To mount the sling on the barrel end you just have to purchase a new end cap for the magazine tube with the attachment point on it. I would post a link but im on my phone right now. Also i have the ATI 6 position stock on my 12 gauge and i love it

Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1161 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 469

The end cap on my 870 has a hole in it. The post on the sling swivel goes through the end cap and the locking device is applied on the inside of the cap.

Not sure about the end cap on an Interarms shotty. May have to either purchase a Remington end cap or drill a hole in the one that came with your shotgun.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbean43 View Post
Also i have the ATI 6 position stock on my 12 gauge and i love it
I've decided to go with that one, I'll return the other one. How good is that recoil pad on the butt? Is it hard or soft rubber? I was thinking about maybe getting a Limbersaver if that pad isn't that great. Also, do you have a matching forend vertical grip, I'm looking for one of thos now too.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Last edited by ryevick; 07-04-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
The end cap on my 870 has a hole in it. The post on the sling swivel goes through the end cap and the locking device is applied on the inside of the cap.

Not sure about the end cap on an Interarms shotty. May have to either purchase a Remington end cap or drill a hole in the one that came with your shotgun.
I was thinking about the mount on this site that mounts a little different... and I'm thinking it may be better to have the weight being pulled from the side of the barrel instead of the tip.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

here is a GG&G Sling Thing on a Laserlyte tri rail....